Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Define Page 2 - How to use this as a new page and update as required

Hi,
    Could someone pont me in the right direction for the full instructions on using/amending the Define Page 2/3/4 to create a new page?
    I have been through the forums and have used various snippets to amend files but cant see a full set of instructions and i have now got to the point of a blank page on the website but cant get the body to show.
    Ive done alot of messing over the last 3 hours so to have full instructions to follow would be very useful.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Define Page 2 - How to use this as a new page and update as required

@picaflorazul has a guide on her website that might help, https://picaflor-azul.com/easy-help-...eadcrumb-title

Read from 'Change the Page Name and Browser Bar/Breadcrumb Title' onwards.

Don't forget to enable page 2 in, Admin > Configuration > Define Page Status

If there's a blank page then your error logs should indicate the issue - possibly something went awry when you edited a file.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Define Page 2 - How to use this as a new page and update as required

That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Also, an easier path might be to use an EZ-Page - just a suggestion. No code edits required!

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/ezpag...t_are_ezpages/

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Simon1066 & swguy,
    I reviewed the log files and as I'm a novice, i tried to find the fault, but still cant get the body to load.
    The page that doesnt load is https://www.selfbuildplans.co.uk/ind...awing_Packages.
    I checked the admin>configuration>Define page status and Page_2 is set to No.1.

The log filed showed this:
    [01-Apr-2020 21:20:56 Europe/London] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=Drawing_Packages, IP address:
    #1 require() called at [/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_Drawing_Packages_default.php:21]
    #2 require(/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_Drawing_Packages_default.php) called at [/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php:266]
    #3 require(/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/public_html/index.php:97]

[01-Apr-2020 21:20:56 Europe/London] PHP Warning: require(includes/languages/english/html_includes/FILENAME_DEFINE_DRAWING_PACKAGES.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_Drawing_Packages_default.php on line 21
    [01-Apr-2020 21:20:56 Europe/London] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=Drawing_Packages, IP address:
    #1 require() called at [/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_Drawing_Packages_default.php:21]
    #2 require(/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_Drawing_Packages_default.php) called at [/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php:266]
    #3 require(/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/public_html/index.php:97]

[01-Apr-2020 21:20:56 Europe/London] PHP Warning: require(includes/languages/english/html_includes/FILENAME_DEFINE_DRAWING_PACKAGES.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_Drawing_Packages_default.php on line 21
    [01-Apr-2020 21:20:56 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/html_includes/FILENAME_DEFINE_DRAWING_PACKAGES.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php70/usr/share/pear') in /public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_Drawing_Packages_default.php on line 21

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

You really want to use the URL

https://www.selfbuildplans.co.uk/ind...in_page=page_2

(You can change the URL if you are willing to do a bunch of work, but that's not a good choice for a first customization - it's too much.)

Clear out your logs, go to that URL and then post the logs.

Plugin Contributions

Hi swguy,
    Logs are:
    [01-Apr-2020 22:36:48 Europe/London] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=page_2, IP address:
    #1 require() called at [/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php:266]
    #2 require(/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/public_html/index.php:97]

[01-Apr-2020 22:36:48 Europe/London] PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_page_2_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 266
    [01-Apr-2020 22:36:48 Europe/London] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=page_2, IP address:
    #1 require() called at [/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php:266]
    #2 require(/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/public_html/index.php:97]

[01-Apr-2020 22:36:48 Europe/London] PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_page_2_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 266
    [01-Apr-2020 22:36:48 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_page_2_default.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php70/usr/share/pear') in /public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 266

Thanks for your help.

Plugin Contributions

You must have renamed or removed
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_page_2_default.php

This is part of the Zen Cart fileset. Download a fresh copy so you can get this file.

Plugin Contributions

Hi swguy,
    Must of renamed it.
    Good spot.
    Anyway i added this back in and the page is now up here :: https://www.selfbuildplans.co.uk/ind...in_page=page_2

but still mising the body and the log says this:

[01-Apr-2020 22:46:37 Europe/London] PHP Warning: require(includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_page_2_default.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/selfbuil/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 266
    [01-Apr-2020 22:46:37 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: require(): Failed opening required 'includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_page_2_default.php' (include_path='.:/opt/alt/php70/usr/share/pear') in /home/selfbuil/public_html/includes/templates/westminster_new/common/tpl_main_page.php on line 266

Thanks.

Also this is whats on line 266 of tpl_main_page.php ::

<?php
    /**
    * prepares and displays center column
    */
    require($body_code); ?>
    Last edited by J9MM0; 1 Apr 2020 at 11:11 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Your upload didn't work - you're still missing the template page.
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_page_2_default.php

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast