Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Home :: Checkout - Step 1 :: Payment Method - Step 2 Display Problem

Payment page PR:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/2856

This one change is the only difference between 1.5.6 and 1.5.7 for the file
    includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_payment_default.php
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Home :: Checkout - Step 1 :: Payment Method - Step 2 Display Problem

I downloaded the 156c release again. It appears that the directory in question was cut off in the extract. That is why it is missing files. I will correct my release version with the newly downloaded release and that will probably fix the missing file.

Plugin Contributions

Yes after adding the missing file I made the change that you requested. It fixed the page when running in Firefox but I still have the problem in Google Chrome.

<div class="floatingBox important forward"><?php echo TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_DESTINATION; ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <br />

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Payment page PR:

The code in includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_payment_default.php is below and you can see that is included your correction on line #33, but that does not solve the problem.

Is there anything that I can do to further diagnose the problem?
    Is there anyway i can get your copy of your file to see if it makes a difference?

/**
    * Page Template
    * Loaded automatically by index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping.<br />
    * Displays allowed shipping modules for selection by customer.
    * @package templateSystem
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2013 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version GIT: $Id: Author: Ian Wilson Mon Oct 28 17:54:33 2013 +0000 Modified in v1.5.2 $
    */
    ?>
    <div class="centerColumn" id="checkoutShipping">

<?php echo zen_draw_form('checkout_address', zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) . zen_draw_hidden_field('action', 'process'); ?>

<h1 id="checkoutShippingHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

<?php if ($messageStack->size('checkout_shipping') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('checkout_shipping'); ?>

<h2 id="checkoutShippingHeadingAddress"><?php echo TITLE_SHIPPING_ADDRESS; ?></h2>

<div id="checkoutShipto" class="floatingBox back">
    <?php if ($displayAddressEdit) { ?>
    <div class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo '<a href="' . $editShippingButtonLink . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_CHANGE_ADDRESS, BUTTON_CHANGE_ADDRESS_ALT) . '</a>'; ?></div>
    <?php } ?>
    <address class=""><?php echo zen_address_label($_SESSION['customer_id'], $_SESSION['sendto'], true, ' ', '<br />'); ?></address>
    </div>
    <div class="floatingBox important forward"><?php echo TEXT_CHOOSE_SHIPPING_DESTINATION; ?></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <br />

Plugin Contributions

The code in includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php is below and you can see that is included your correction on line #33, but that does not solve the problem.

Is there anything that I can do to further diagnose the problem?
    Is there anyway i can get your copy of your file to see if it makes a difference?

/**
    * Page Template
    * Loaded automatically by index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping.<br />
    * Displays allowed shipping modules for selection by customer.
    * @package templateSystem
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2013 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version GIT: $Id: Author: Ian Wilson Mon Oct 28 17:54:33 2013 +0000 Modified in v1.5.2 $
    */
    ?>
    <div class="centerColumn" id="checkoutShipping">

<?php echo zen_draw_form('checkout_address', zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SHIPPING, '', 'SSL')) . zen_draw_hidden_field('action', 'process'); ?>

<h1 id="checkoutShippingHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></h1>

<?php if ($messageStack->size('checkout_shipping') > 0) echo $messageStack->output('checkout_shipping'); ?>

<h2 id="checkoutShippingHeadingAddress"><?php echo TITLE_SHIPPING_ADDRESS; ?></h2>

<div id="checkoutShipto" class="floatingBox back">
    <?php if ($displayAddressEdit) { ?>
    <div class="buttonRow forward"><?php echo '<a href="' . $editShippingButtonLink . '">' . zen_image_button(BUTTON_IMAGE_CHANGE_ADDRESS, BUTTON_CHANGE_ADDRESS_ALT) . '</a>'; ?></div>
    <?php } ?>
    <address class=""><?php echo zen_address_label($_SESSION['customer_id'], $_SESSION['sendto'], true, ' ', '<br />'); ?></address>
    </div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <br />

Plugin Contributions

You need to correct both the checkout_shipping and checkout_payment pages. See both PRs.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Payment page PR:

I am not questioning that you feel that the problem is fixed. I see that you got the desirable results from your change on github, however it does not work on my computer using the Google Chrome browser. The page does work correctly using FireFox so it seems that t he cause of the problem is certainly related to the Google Chrome browser.

I have tried using the Classic Contemporary Green, and it worked. However when i use either the Responsive Classic Template or my cloned Responsive Classic Template the problem exists. The same tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php is in all three templates with your change to line #33.

I have rebuilt the \includes\templates\template_default\templates\ and \includes\templates\responsive_classic\templates\ folders from a new download of ZenCart 156c and i get the same results.

I have tried the page on five different computers. The problem is reproducible on all five different computers running Google Chrome.

I understand how difficult it is to fix a problem when you cannot reproduce it and even times when it can be reproduced by other people. It seems like the problem is code related but i just do not know what to try next. I would be happy to try anything you suggest or even to let you access the page on my hosting service.

Any guidance that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

in tpl_checkout_payment_default.php find this line:

PHP Code:
    // from
     <div class="floatingBox important forward"><?php echo TEXT_SELECTED_BILLING_DESTINATION?></div> 
    // to
     <div class="floatingBox important"><?php echo TEXT_SELECTED_BILLING_DESTINATION?></div>
    let me know if that works.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jodean View Post
    I am not questioning that you feel that the problem is fixed.
    To clarify: I don't "feel" that the second PR I posted fixes the issue with the checkout payment page in Responsive Classic in Chrome.
    It fixes the checkout payment page in Responsive Classic in Chrome. That's why it was merged into the core.

YOU have a different problem. Maybe you patched the wrong file. Maybe your upload failed. Maybe you've changed the CSS. I don't know. If you post a link to your site I (or one of the other contributors) can look at it and I might be able to tell you what's wrong.

Plugin Contributions

I just tried an out of the box v156c installation using the response classic template. Absolutely no code changes it is a vanilla installation. I tried the <br /> change to the tpl_checkout_shipping_default.php in the template_default folder and copied it to the responsive_classic folder and the <br /> does not fix the page.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast