Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 1.5.4 to 1.5.4c upgrade disaster

All testing on local site using esysphp-devserver17
    PHP7

Followed instructions here https://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3...d-of-upgrading

My store is running 1.5.4 and I want to go to 1.5.6c

My 1.5.4 site was running fine locally. Downloaded 1.5.6c and ran zc_install. Did winmerge on the two site to list differences. Something like 3800 file differences so that was not especially helpful. Updated password as directed for Admin but cannot log on and am getting the message

"WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields."

Error log shows

"require(C:\Users\nick\test_store\store_1.5.6c\admin_dir\index_setup_wizard. php) called at [C:\Users\nick\test_store\store_1.5.6c\comfort\index.php:24]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1146:Table 'performance_schema.session_variables' doesn't exist :: SHOW VARIABLES LIKE 'sql\_mode' ==> (as called by) C:\Users\nick\test_store\store_1.5.6c\admin_dir\includes\functions\general.php on line 1035 <== in C:\Users\nick\test_store\store_1.5.6c\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.ph p on line 171.
    "

Also see a zc install error log entry
    "[05-Apr-2020 21:04:44 Europe/Paris] PHP Notice: Undefined index: enable_ssl_catalog in C:\Users\nick\test_store\store_1.5.6c\zc_install\includes\classes\class.zcConfig ureFileWriter.php on line 24"

Worse, the zc install script has wiped my database ( I have a back up) rather than upgrading it.

Haven't got a clue where to start on this so some ideas could really help. Thx.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.5.4 to 1.5.4c upgrade disaster

Restore your 1.5.4 database backup.

Now, also look at your backup of your 1.5.4 includes/configure.php file. Take not of the DB_PREFIX value. That is necessary/needed to support the upgrade of that database rather than wiping out or starting anew...

Restore the zc_install folder from 1.5.6c.
    Execute it and attempt to upgrade (not install) the database. All of this assumes that the fileset is still 1.5.6c. Also, after restoring the database, do not attempt to login to the admin until the database has been upgraded.

As far as comparing all of the differences of 1.5.6c to 1.5.4, that's not the recommendation. The recommendation is to look at your original store, compare it to a vanilla install (fresh unmodified fileset) of 1.5.4. The differences that have been made between those two should be investigated to see if they should be made to your fresh install of 1.5.6c...

If they are needed, then insert them where appropriate, if not needed, then move on to the next difference.

That's the "rush" job of it, if however more detail is provided then perhaps could give a more sane approach...

Remember, backup, backup, backup...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...
    Upgraded to Zen Cart V1.5.3 from V1.5.1 from V1.5.0 from V1.3.9h

Plugin Contributions

Create new includes/configure.php and admin/includes/configure.php files out of the these files that come with a fresh download: includes/dist-configure.php and admin/includes/dist-configure.php. That way you'll be sure all relevant defines (like ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG) are present in your file.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks mc12345678.

I did a test install of virgin 1.5.6c with a new database (no merging of changes) and I still have the same two errors mentioned in the OP. I think I need to solve that first before attempting the merge in the 1.5.4 changes again.

As far the the merging goes one step is not clear to me. Are you supposed to run zc_install then merge the changes or just merge the changes? Seems that if you went the second route that zc_install would not be run at all.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by CScotty View Post
    Thanks mc12345678.

I did a test install of virgin 1.5.6c with a new database (no merging of changes) and I still have the same two errors mentioned in the OP. I think I need to solve that first before attempting the merge in the 1.5.4 changes again.

As far the the merging goes one step is not clear to me. Are you supposed to run zc_install then merge the changes or just merge the changes? Seems that if you went the second route that zc_install would not be run at all.
    How much control do you have over this particular server? Searching the Internet on that particular issue appears to indicate that some sort of "upgrade" was not successful and may need to be pushed again. One such location found was the following:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...s-doesnt-exist

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    How much control do you have over this particular server? Searching the Internet on that particular issue appears to indicate that some sort of "upgrade" was not successful and may need to be pushed again. One such location found was the following:
    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    I have complete control. That might not be a good thing!

The mysql issue solution was solved by the following. Note this is a little different from the answer on Stackoverflow which had the user 'app' and would not work for me due to insufficient privileges.

mysql -u root-p
    mysql> set @@global.show_compatibility_56=ON;

I then had to remove and add the user for the original 1.5.4 database. The 1.5.6c database was a clone of that. After cloning the 1.5.4 store could no longer access the database so had to remove and add the user yet again.

Merged all the 1.5.4 changes into 1.5.6c and it's working There was a lot of merging to be done making this a very error prone methodology.

Very much appreciate the help from all - thank you

Plugin Contributions

Sadly the mysql fix only worked one time. It then ran into a issue with corrupting the user name / password and locked me out. I recall I had the same issue with easyPHP16, had to jump through many hoops and eventually gave up and went back to easyPHP14. Rather that fight this again with esyPHP17 I've decided to give Uniform Server a try out. Sadly I'm still not out of the woods as now I get a fatal php error.

[17-Apr-2020 19:07:35 Europe/London] PHP Fatal error: 1525:Incorrect DATETIME value: 'null' :: select banners_id, date_scheduled
    from banners
    where date_scheduled != 'null' ==> (as called by) C:\Users\nick\test_store\store\includes\functions\banner.php on line 43 <== in C:\Users\nick\test_store\store\includes\classes\db\mysql\query_factory.php on line 155

Any suggestions please?

Plugin Contributions

How about making sure that you have the ZC 1.5.6c version of includes/functions/banners.php? Line 43 of that file is a right curly bracket, and where a similar statement is used it is proper sql of checking IS NOT NULL.

Plugin Contributions

I still trying the get my original 1.5.4 store to run. Line 43 in banners.php is the sql execute command:

36>// Auto activate banners
    37> function zen_activate_banners() {
    38> global $db;
    39> $banners_query = "select banners_id, date_scheduled
    40> from " . TABLE_BANNERS . "
    41> where date_scheduled != 'NULL'";
    42>
    43> $banners = $db->Execute($banners_query);

Plugin Contributions

Well, you've got me thoroughly confused...

Here's what I thought the situation was:
    ZC 1.5.6c installed with changes incorporated from the comparison of the previous site to a vanilla install of 1.5.4 (technically should be very few such changes generally speaking). All of that running on php 7...

What it sounds like though is that there are ZC 1.5.4 files with a database that sounds like it was upgraded to ZC 1.5.6c...

While I haven't yet bookmarked the current version of this, the "old" version of an upgrade by install/rebuild was located here: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast