Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    atlanta GA
    Posts
    203
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default EZPages not showing in mobile using responsive classic template

    Important links is not showing up in a new install from 1.5.5f to 1.5.6c. I am using a test domain to make sure everything works right. I install a fresh copy of 1.5.6c to ( http://www.salvagecrate.com). Without touching anything , important links show in mobile. As soon as I import my tables from the 1.5.5f install , important links looks like this

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	skJmcrj.png 
Views:	18 
Size:	14.9 KB 
ID:	18927

    What am i doing wrong ? This problem has had me stumped for many days.
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    7,100
    Plugin Contributions
    267

    Default Re: EZPages not showing in mobile using responsive classic template

    In 1.5.6c, the template file
    includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php

    pulls in ezpages_bar_header.php

    So you want to look at
    includes/modules/ezpages_bar_header.php
    (or the overridden file if you have changed it - includes/modules/responsive_classic/ezpages_bar_header.php

    What you see in this file is that a select is done with a WHERE clause including

    AND e.status_header = 1
    AND e.header_sort_order > 0


    You are showing them in your sidebox. So you want to change this to

    AND e.status_sidebox = 1
    AND e.sidebox_sort_order > 0

    In the default file this would be on line 25
    Last edited by swguy; 6 Apr 2020 at 03:30 PM. Reason: more code details
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,028
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: EZPages not showing in mobile using responsive classic template

    Unfortunately, ZC 1.5.6 (including sub-versions a-c) was distributed with an ezpages html "section" that was smaller than its predecessors. There is a fix associated with 1.5.6 (included in 1.5.7) for if there is a 1.5.6d version released. The difference(s) can be seen in comparing:
    1.5.6c:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...t_156.sql#L187
    Available for next 1.5.6:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...t_156.sql#L187

    Basically the field is "truncated" from a mediumtext field length to a text field length.

    The above is the difference in the upgrade path, but a fresh install using either of those two branches has the same sized field.

    Another reason the field can go blank is when having a mix of collations where one or more "special" characters are used and the entire field goes blank. But I suspect from the upgrade path of above and associated issue that the above is the cause.

    A couple of follow on questions to ensure we are all on the same page.
    Seeing as the OP here was carried over from another thread, once the database was imported, it was upgraded using the zc_install upgrade process, correct?
    The discussion of this being a "mobile" issue, are you simply referring to the hamburger dropdown or any display of the ezpage content? Ie. Is the content still present in the admin area or has it disappeared from there as well?
    What has been the method of identifying that it is a mobile only issue? Is it not also on the desktop? Not just talking theory, but trying to rope it in.

    Have you tried copying and pasting the content from 1.5.5 to the 1.5.6c admin area or generated new content just to further identify if the above truncation of field is an issue/source?
    Last edited by mc12345678; 6 Apr 2020 at 03:31 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...
    Upgraded to Zen Cart V1.5.3 from V1.5.1 from V1.5.0 from V1.3.9h

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    7,100
    Plugin Contributions
    267

    Default Re: EZPages not showing in mobile using responsive classic template

    @MC he's not having trouble displaying an EZPage, he's having trouble with the menu that provides links to EZPages.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    atlanta GA
    Posts
    203
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EZPages not showing in mobile using responsive classic template

    Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    In 1.5.6c, the template file
    includes/templates/responsive_classic/templates/tpl_modules_mobile_menu.php

    pulls in ezpages_bar_header.php

    So you want to look at
    includes/modules/ezpages_bar_header.php
    (or the overridden file if you have changed it - includes/modules/responsive_classic/ezpages_bar_header.php

    What you see in this file is that a select is done with a WHERE clause including

    AND e.status_header = 1
    AND e.header_sort_order > 0


    You are showing them in your sidebox. So you want to change this to

    AND e.status_sidebox = 1
    AND e.sidebox_sort_order > 0

    In the default file this would be on line 25
    No change after editing that file
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    atlanta GA
    Posts
    203
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EZPages not showing in mobile using responsive classic template

    Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Unfortunately, ZC 1.5.6 (including sub-versions a-c) was distributed with an ezpages html "section" that was smaller than its predecessors. There is a fix associated with 1.5.6 (included in 1.5.7) for if there is a 1.5.6d version released. The difference(s) can be seen in comparing:
    1.5.6c:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...t_156.sql#L187
    Available for next 1.5.6:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b...t_156.sql#L187

    Basically the field is "truncated" from a mediumtext field length to a text field length.

    The above is the difference in the upgrade path, but a fresh install using either of those two branches has the same sized field.

    Another reason the field can go blank is when having a mix of collations where one or more "special" characters are used and the entire field goes blank. But I suspect from the upgrade path of above and associated issue that the above is the cause.

    A couple of follow on questions to ensure we are all on the same page.
    Seeing as the OP here was carried over from another thread, once the database was imported, it was upgraded using the zc_install upgrade process, correct?
    The discussion of this being a "mobile" issue, are you simply referring to the hamburger dropdown or any display of the ezpage content? Ie. Is the content still present in the admin area or has it disappeared from there as well?
    What has been the method of identifying that it is a mobile only issue? Is it not also on the desktop? Not just talking theory, but trying to rope it in.

    Have you tried copying and pasting the content from 1.5.5 to the 1.5.6c admin area or generated new content just to further identify if the above truncation of field is an issue/source?
    The ezpages show on the desktop version. As swguy said , they just won't show on the menu that provides them in mobile. Yes we upgraded the database with zc_install. Yes the hamburger dropdown. I can visit any of the expages manually. It just won't show them in that drop down with the links. Well they show in desktop and everywhere else in the sidebox just fine.
    Last edited by jasonshanks; 6 Apr 2020 at 03:48 PM.
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Tampa Bay, Florida
    Posts
    7,100
    Plugin Contributions
    267

    Default Re: EZPages not showing in mobile using responsive classic template

    Just looked at your site again - the EZ pages are not showing up in the Important Links sidebox either.

    Please check Admin > Tools > EZ-Pages and verify that for (pick one EZPage) you have:
    - Sidebox radio button set to Yes
    - Sidebox sort order set to > 0
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    atlanta GA
    Posts
    203
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EZPages not showing in mobile using responsive classic template

    Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Just looked at your site again - the EZ pages are not showing up in the Important Links sidebox either.

    Please check Admin > Tools > EZ-Pages and verify that for (pick one EZPage) you have:
    - Sidebox radio button set to Yes
    - Sidebox sort order set to > 0
    kk checking now. I did a full refresh again because I knew you guys where helping me. I wanted to remove anything I may have done wrong in my attempt to fix it.

    Update i just realize i need to update the database again since i refreshed. Also the expages show at least when i view it in browser for desktop. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rh1apq0.png 
Views:	3 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	18928
    Last edited by jasonshanks; 6 Apr 2020 at 03:54 PM. Reason: more info.
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    15,028
    Plugin Contributions
    17

    Default Re: EZPages not showing in mobile using responsive classic template

    Quote Originally Posted by jasonshanks View Post
    The ezpages show on the desktop version. As swguy said , they just won't show on the menu that provides them in mobile. Yes we upgraded the database with zc_install. Yes the hamburger dropdown. I can visit any of the expages manually. It just won't show them in that drop down with the links. Well they show in desktop and everywhere else in the sidebox just fine.
    Does your template directory have an override for that file and has the same modification as suggested been made to it?

    Of course, I say that but this is supposedly a new software install without any other mods....
    Last edited by mc12345678; 6 Apr 2020 at 03:54 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...
    Upgraded to Zen Cart V1.5.3 from V1.5.1 from V1.5.0 from V1.3.9h

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    atlanta GA
    Posts
    203
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: EZPages not showing in mobile using responsive classic template

    database patch complete. @swguy , here is my Ez-page admin section. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	B104Uup.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	11.1 KB 
ID:	18929 . @mc12345678 , I have made no changes. I just imported the tables and database patched. Mmmm my template folder on the 1.5.5f site is called responsive_classic_v1 , is this the cause ? Would that carry over with the table import ?
    Zencart 1.5.6c PHP 7.2 Order Replacement AC Adapters and Power Cords Online www.missingcord.com

 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. v156 How to Enable Mobile Menu (Jquery mmenu) on Desktop Layout of Responsive Classic?
    By RobertH in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 20 Jun 2019, 03:45 PM
  2. v155 Method to show only subcategories in mobile menu Responsive Classic Stock 1.55f
    By twitchtoo in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 5 Jan 2019, 03:25 AM
  3. v155 ? on Customizing Responsive-Classic template v1.5.5f
    By byakudan in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21 Oct 2018, 10:34 AM
  4. v155 Classic Responsive Template - file permissions
    By karine in forum Templates, Stylesheets, Page Layout
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25 Jun 2018, 03:54 PM
  5. v155 Recommended Image Sizes using Responsive Classic?
    By Zean in forum Basic Configuration
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18 May 2016, 01:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR