Plugin Contributions

Default Westminster_new template - Add additional hover buttons on front page

The westminster_new template includes 3 hover buttons on the front page and i would like to add 3 more.
    I have created the 'homead4, 5 & 6 within the banners menu but they dont show up.
    How do i get them to show up? I have been through the Westminster_new pages but cant find anywhere how to do this.
    https://www.selfbuildplans.co.uk
    thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster_new template - Add additional hover buttons on front page

It's a bit tricky (for me at least). The below is relevant to v1.3 of this template - it may be different if you are using a different version. The code to display these banners is in

\includes\languages\english\html_includes\westminster_new\define_main_page.php

you will see the sections for the three existing banners, like so

SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD1
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD2
    etc.

So, copy/rename/create new code for

SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD4
    SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD5
    etc.

The SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD1, for example, refers to an entry in the database, as seen in Admin > Configuration > Westminster New Template Configuration

You would need to edit your database to include configuration keys for SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD4 etc.

Then hopefully the banners you've created in Banner Manager with the homead4/5/6 groups should display.

Then you'll have the delight of editing the css so that the banners display correctly on all screen sizes.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Westminster_new template - Add additional hover buttons on front page

FYI, in future it's better to post template-specific questions in the relevant thread

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....estminster-New
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Hi Simon,
    Thanks for your help and apologies for posting in wrong thread.
    I have followed your instructions but they still dont appear.
    I added them to the main page (screen shot attached), opened the database and they were already there (screen shot attached) checked their settings and sort order, all good, checked the Admin >Tools>Banner Manager and they were all green, checked the Admin > Configuration > Westminster New Template Configuration and i still only have Homead1, 2 & 3 listed (no 4, 5 & 6).
    Any further thoughts?
    Thanks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Banner Homead4,5&6 - Database.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	57.3 KB 
ID:	18934   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Banner Homead4,5&6.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	18935  

Plugin Contributions

Yes, you've been looking in the Banners table, the additional database information needs to be in the Configuration table, if I search that table for SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD3 I can see this:

[can't seem to attach an image at the moment]

So you need to create a new line(s) with SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD4/5/6 (possibly easiest to copy an existing line and edit that), you should then see the the entries in Admin > Configuration > Westminster New Template Configuration and hopefully all should be well.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	18936

Managed it this time.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Yes, you've been looking in the Banners table, the additional database information needs to be in the Configuration table, if I search that table for SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD3 I can see this:

So you need to create a new line(s) with SHOW_BANNERS_GROUP_SETHOMEAD4/5/6 (possibly easiest to copy an existing line and edit that), you should then see the the entries in Admin > Configuration > Westminster New Template Configuration and hopefully all should be well.
    You need to be careful doing the database edits, the configuration_group_id should remain unchanged with the configuration_id being a unique number. I think that is the way to do it. Back up your database, if I've given the wrong advice hopefully others will chime in.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Hi Simon,
    your snippet was worth it as it had the info i needed to track down the banners, which are all working now... brillant.
    On to the next issue, the banners dont lineup and i've messed with the current settings but nothing will separate them or line them up. I wondered if you could advise on the CSS code to line them up please?
    That would be great.
    Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by J9MM0 View Post
    Hi Simon,
    your snippet was worth it as it had the info i needed to track down the banners, which are all working now... brillant.
    On to the next issue, the banners dont lineup and i've messed with the current settings but nothing will separate them or line them up. I wondered if you could advise on the CSS code to line them up please?
    That would be great.
    Thanks.
    This was always going to be prone to issues. The best I can do is to remove the .hm-right css from line 705 of your stylesheet.css, hopefully that will provide a starting point for you to fine-tune the layout.
    Simon