Plugin Contributions

Default Multiple Image Issues, I'm following the naming convention, still not showing up

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

I'm very new to ZC. I have a PC at home set up with Apache 2.4, PHP 7.3 and ZC v1.5.6c. The only plugin is Image Handler 4. It's not accessible from the internet. I've created a couple of products and added the base image with other image files in the same directory as the base image and with the same name but sequentially numbered, but only the base image is showing up on either of the two products. The image names on one are bes.jpg, bes-01.jpg, bes-02.jpg and so one. The other is sac.jpg, sac-01.jpg and so on. It is my understanding that any file that has the base image file's name as its first characters will be automatically added. It isn't happening for me.

Any help will be appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Image Issues, I'm following the naming convention, still not showing up

A couple of things:

1. For Zen Cart 1.5.6, you should be using Image Handler 5: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2169
    2. The best way to identify additional images is to separate the main from the additional using an underscore (_) instead of a dash (-). The Zen Cart additional images' names are determined (unfortunately) differently for images in the main /images directory as opposed to those present in a sub-directory (e.g. /images/stuff).

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Multiple Image Issues, I'm following the naming convention, still not showing up

I'll install Image Handler 5, but that doesn't really affect showing multiple images does it?

I renamed the additional images using an underscore instead of a dash and it did not make a difference.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DaveXS View Post
    I'll install Image Handler 5, but that doesn't really affect showing multiple images does it?

I renamed the additional images using an underscore instead of a dash and it did not make a difference.
    You're correct, that doesn't affect the multiple images' display but if you're on zc156c (and more recent versions of PHP), you should also be using the more up-to-date version of IH.

When you "View Source" on a product's details page, e.g. product_info, that has multiple images provided does the generated HTML contain references to those additional images?