Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrading from 1.5.0 to 1.5.6 - templates not working?

I'm moving a site from ZC 1.5.0 and php 5.5.x to ZC 1.5.6 and php 7.3.

I've installed a clean copy of 1.5.6 on the new server and am attempting to reinstall the custom templates from the previous site, but they're not showing up.

For instance, I created /includes/languages/<mytemplate>/english.php with changes, cleared cache on the server and browser, and reloaded the home page. The changes are not displayed.

If I put those same changes in /includes/languages/english.php, they display as expected.

What am I missing? This should be straightforward, should it not? I've been away from ZenCart for a while, so I may be missing something obvious...

Thanks.
    Member since 4/05.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading from 1.5.0 to 1.5.6 - templates not working?

Have you changed to your template name under Tools/ Template Selection ????
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

As suggested, you want everything about Zen Cart to recognize the "new" template which means that need to incorporate the desired changes into all template override directories. In addition, those template overrides really should be compared against the now current default version of the same file(s). It is highly likely that there are changes that need to be incorporated even if it is htmlspecialchars type commands, EZ-Pages handling, header handling, random queries, while loops to foreach loops, etc... There are a good number of changes to incorporate to bring an old template up to par with today's standards.

Many would suggest just starting with a template that already is compatible with ZC 1.5.6, but whatever works for you.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by haredo View Post
    Have you changed to your template name under Tools/ Template Selection ????
    I see both Responsive Classic Template and my template in there. I don't see any way to SELECT one or the other. I guess that's what I'm asking how to do.
    Member since 4/05.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    ...need to incorporate the desired changes into all template override directories.
    Ok... makes sense. Can someone point me to a list of all the template override directories?

(I'm sure the ZenCart volunteers are aware of the difficulty that those of us who don't live and breathe ZC have in digging up this kind of semi-obscure info. Hopefully making it easier to discover is on their to-do list!)
    Member since 4/05.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by billc108 View Post
    Ok... makes sense. Can someone point me to a list of all the template override directories?

(I'm sure the ZenCart volunteers are aware of the difficulty that those of us who don't live and breathe ZC have in digging up this kind of semi-obscure info. Hopefully making it easier to discover is on their to-do list!)
    Level of forum engagement helps to progress to the next level... having been a long time user(?) seems like you might be able to help others... posting answers to others questions will bump you along...

As to the template override concept? Yeah, that was done a while ago also and is something that is relatively easily found... I went to the plugin list and searched on override... found this: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1393

There also is a FAQ along the same lines... with a FAQ search option at the top right of the screen when viewed using the Zen Cart 2017 forum template.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Level of forum engagement helps to progress to the next level... having been a long time user(?) seems like you might be able to help others... posting answers to others questions will bump you along...
    Oh, I did that for quite a while. I typically would come in looking for one little thing and find 5 questions I could (and would) answer before finding the answer I was looking for!

Apparently sometime between writing that whiny .sig and now I did get promoted to Zen Follower (-: At least I'm not officially a complete newbie now!

As to the template override concept? Yeah, that was done a while ago also and is something that is relatively easily found... I went to the plugin list and searched on override... found this: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1393
    Excellent, thanks! That really helps a lot.

There also is a FAQ along the same lines... with a FAQ search option at the top right of the screen when viewed using the Zen Cart 2017 forum template.
    Somehow it wasn't coming up for me. My Zen-Fu isn't what it used to be. Back in the day I had a fair number of clients actively working with ZenCart. Now I have one, and they rarely change anything. Most of my clients are on WordPress these days.
    Member since 4/05.

Plugin Contributions