Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

I get this error when trying to log into my Admin section. I have an error log from 11/2019 but nothing recent.
    This is the Debug log I have from 11/2019... I dont understand how to resolve. Any help would be truly appreciated!

[22-Nov-2019 10:45:33 America/New_York] PHP Warning: strpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /homepages/8/d319577354/htdocs/DriftBuild_store/includes/modules/pages/index/main_template_vars.php on line 75
    [22-Nov-2019 10:45:33 America/New_York] PHP Warning: strrpos() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /homepages/8/d319577354/htdocs/DriftBuild_store/includes/functions/functions_categories.php on line 484
    [22-Nov-2019 10:45:33 America/New_York] PHP Warning: substr() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /homepages/8/d319577354/htdocs/DriftBuild_store/includes/functions/functions_categories.php on line 484

I have looked at these two pages to check what is going on, but cant find the answers.

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page

https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...-and-try-again
    Forums are for helping people!! if you don't want to help people then shut up and get off the forum!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Yes, that debug-log has nothing to do with 'not being able to log into the admin'.

A couple of questions (from those Posting Tips above):
    1. What version of Zen Cart are you running? See your site's /includes/version.php file, it'll tell you.
    2. What version of PHP is in use on the site? You can create a small .php file (name it something obscure and place it into the root of your store's directory) then run yoursitename.com/obfuscated.php. That output will let you know what PHP version is in use.

Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    I'm guessing that your webhost recently updated your account's PHP version to one that does not "play well" with your version of Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Map of PHP Version to Zen Cart version:
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first..._requirements/
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Something to eventually address/consider is why new/current logs are not being written. This could be because of the potential php discrepancy or could be for some other reason to be identified.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Bear in mind that some configurations don't write to the /logs folder. You might want to ask your hoster.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    Bear in mind that some configurations don't write to the /logs folder. You might want to ask your hoster.
    Noting that for Zen Cart versions prior to zc156, you can install the "Report All Errors" plugin to circumvent (most of) those configurations that don't write to the /logs sub-directory.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Yes, that debug-log has nothing to do with 'not being able to log into the admin'.

A couple of questions (from those Posting Tips above):
    1. What version of Zen Cart are you running? See your site's /includes/version.php file, it'll tell you.
    2. What version of PHP is in use on the site? You can create a small .php file (name it something obscure and place it into the root of your store's directory) then run yoursitename.com/obfuscated.php. That output will let you know what PHP version is in use.

Code:
    <?php
    phpinfo();
    I'm guessing that your webhost recently updated your account's PHP version to one that does not "play well" with your version of Zen Cart.

Turns out you are correct. I am on Zencart 1.3.9 and they updated the PHP on their end.

How do i upgrade from 1.3.9 to the newest version without Admin access?
    Forums are for helping people!! if you don't want to help people then shut up and get off the forum!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by outeredge2 View Post
    Turns out you are correct. I am on Zencart 1.3.9 and they updated the PHP on their end.

See if you can get them to *temporarily* put you back on 1.5.6 while you upgrade.

But the messages you posted were all warnings - that's not what is blocking you from logging in.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by outeredge2 View Post

You'll need to follow the steps outlined here (https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...pgrade-my-site) regarding the upgrade process. As long as you remember your admin login (name and password), you'll be OK.

Note that you can go straight from zc139[whatever] to zc156c; the zc_install database upgrader will step-by-step upgrade the database.

Plugin Contributions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast