Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: everything was going well and then...

I'm seeing hidetrail and showtrail not defined as errors when hovering over product images.
    that was referenced earlier in the thread is from image handler, specifically the image hover stuff. If you have image hover turned on for image handler, turn it off... its broken... and is supposed to either be fixed or just removed.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    Use notepadd++ and then make sure to set the encoding as just UTF-8
    Barco.....which file do I edit?

Plugin Contributions

You should compare the includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/html_header.php, and probably the tpl_main_page.php to clean versions of those files.
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

OK, this was quite interesting... I've never seen this before and without FTP access, I probably would've pinpointed it sometime in summer 2025...

The culprit was your includes/languages/english/responsive_classic/index.php file - and to be perfectly honest, I'm still scratching my head about it... I have no idea what exactly caused it, but I replaced that file with a fresh version from includes/languages/english/index.php (and removed the 2 lines like in your original file) and it's working.

What's even more interesting is that the file shows as identical, but I noticed the header was broken on product listing pages as well, but was fine on product_info and shopping_cart page, which pointed me in the direction of index page... Interesting, I must admit.

As a side note - I've noticed you're using ZC 1.5.6c, but some of your files (functions_prices.php, categories_ul_generator.php, split_page_results.php etc) are from much older versions of Zen Cart. You might wanna consider fixing that because it might cause problems in the future.

Plugin Contributions

I don't know who you had work on the site, as it appears you cut and pasted their reply to you into the last post.

The older files are probably brought in from add-ons that you installed.
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

balihr fixed it privately...

Plugin Contributions

@Mike - this was actually brought up in ZX Slideshow thread and got my attention and then we followed up in the template's thread. I didn't even see this thread until now. But, it got my attention and I couldn't let go so I asked if I could take a look and find it.

Call me crazy, but I don't have any other explanation but to point at the server (maybe a Win server?).
    I started with template files, worked my way up and finally got to the language index.php file. It was not UTF-8-BOM - that was one of the first things I checked when I realized it was *that* file. It was actually identical to the 1.5.6c out-of-the-box file. Heck, I even deleted the file on server and uploaded the one from a fresh 1.5.6c and it was still broken, but if I removed the template override language file, it was OK.
    So, I ended up moving includes/languages/english/index.php to includes/languages/english/responsive_classic/ and just removed 2 definitions to make it the same as the old file. And it worked.

So, the thing that got me scratching my head was the file from my local vanilla folder that caused the same problem... And the ONLY thing I'm seeing different is that all other language files use CRLF and the files in responsive_classic folder use LF, although that shouldn't cause THIS... Or can it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12