Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    West Salem, IL
    Posts
    2,570
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: everything was going well and then...

    I'm seeing hidetrail and showtrail not defined as errors when hovering over product images.
    that was referenced earlier in the thread is from image handler, specifically the image hover stuff. If you have image hover turned on for image handler, turn it off... its broken... and is supposed to either be fixed or just removed.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: everything was going well and then...

    Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    Use notepadd++ and then make sure to set the encoding as just UTF-8
    Barco.....which file do I edit?

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    West Salem, IL
    Posts
    2,570
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: everything was going well and then...

    You should compare the includes/templates/responsive_classic/common/html_header.php, and probably the tpl_main_page.php to clean versions of those files.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: everything was going well and then...

    OK, this was quite interesting... I've never seen this before and without FTP access, I probably would've pinpointed it sometime in summer 2025...

    The culprit was your includes/languages/english/responsive_classic/index.php file - and to be perfectly honest, I'm still scratching my head about it... I have no idea what exactly caused it, but I replaced that file with a fresh version from includes/languages/english/index.php (and removed the 2 lines like in your original file) and it's working.

    What's even more interesting is that the file shows as identical, but I noticed the header was broken on product listing pages as well, but was fine on product_info and shopping_cart page, which pointed me in the direction of index page... Interesting, I must admit.

    As a side note - I've noticed you're using ZC 1.5.6c, but some of your files (functions_prices.php, categories_ul_generator.php, split_page_results.php etc) are from much older versions of Zen Cart. You might wanna consider fixing that because it might cause problems in the future.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    West Salem, IL
    Posts
    2,570
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: everything was going well and then...

    I don't know who you had work on the site, as it appears you cut and pasted their reply to you into the last post.

    The older files are probably brought in from add-ons that you installed.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

  6. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    59
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: everything was going well and then...

    balihr fixed it privately...

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    1,204
    Plugin Contributions
    12

    Default Re: everything was going well and then...

    @Mike - this was actually brought up in ZX Slideshow thread and got my attention and then we followed up in the template's thread. I didn't even see this thread until now. But, it got my attention and I couldn't let go so I asked if I could take a look and find it.

    Call me crazy, but I don't have any other explanation but to point at the server (maybe a Win server?).
    I started with template files, worked my way up and finally got to the language index.php file. It was not UTF-8-BOM - that was one of the first things I checked when I realized it was *that* file. It was actually identical to the 1.5.6c out-of-the-box file. Heck, I even deleted the file on server and uploaded the one from a fresh 1.5.6c and it was still broken, but if I removed the template override language file, it was OK.
    So, I ended up moving includes/languages/english/index.php to includes/languages/english/responsive_classic/ and just removed 2 definitions to make it the same as the old file. And it worked.

    So, the thing that got me scratching my head was the file from my local vanilla folder that caused the same problem... And the ONLY thing I'm seeing different is that all other language files use CRLF and the files in responsive_classic folder use LF, although that shouldn't cause THIS... Or can it?
    Zen Cart Point of Sale? Sure: ZX POS - v2 released
    My site - Pro ZC Help | My portfolio | My plugins

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. It was all going so well.... (blank screen, 500 Internal Server Error
    By pace in forum Installing on a Linux/Unix Server
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 4 Jun 2010, 11:01 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 9 Nov 2007, 08:34 PM
  3. Everything was going so well and then .....
    By johnd in forum Built-in Shipping and Payment Modules
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 5 Jul 2007, 01:16 AM
  4. And i was doing so well
    By ryanwhite36 in forum General Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 6 Jul 2006, 06:58 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR