Plugin Contributions

Default V151 store status configuration

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]
    V151
    http://tropicalaquascape.com.au/shop
    PHP Version: 5.6.40 (Zend: 2.6.0)

I set configuration of my store status to 0, 1 and 2 but all show "no price". Any other setting do I need to do?
    set to 0 (normal store) showed Price "Unavailable Login for price"
    set to 1 (showcase no prices) showed "Price Unavailable contact us"
    set to 2 (showcase with prices) showed "Price Unavailable contact us"
    TIA

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: V151 store status configuration

I'm just curious here as I see a lot of folks using old versions, php, templates, etc. Your ZC is eight years old, the template is six years old, and the PHP was end-of-life over a year ago. Are you using all this just to get the look of the template? It is not responsive and will only hurt your rank with google.

It sounds as if you are installing versus upgrading. Is this the case? If so, do not use anything but the latest zip from Zen Cart following the instructions at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first..._do_i_install/

You need to make sure that the customer was not set to unauthorized as well as have the store set to normal. The test customer may have been set to unauthorized during testing.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    I'm just curious here as I see a lot of folks using old versions, php, templates, etc. Your ZC is eight years old, the template is six years old, and the PHP was end-of-life over a year ago. Are you using all this just to get the look of the template? It is not responsive and will only hurt your rank with google.

It sounds as if you are installing versus upgrading. Is this the case? If so, do not use anything but the latest zip from Zen Cart following the instructions at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first..._do_i_install/

You need to make sure that the customer was not set to unauthorized as well as have the store set to normal. The test customer may have been set to unauthorized during testing.
    yes it is old. But work fine for me. I set the shop years ago but actually not much online activities. Also I am not good at IT. Thanks to this forum that give me knowledge and ways to solve my problems.

Actually I am afraid of changing to newer version may ruin my current online shop. If there s a good way to upgrade and some good reasons, I will definitely change to the latest one.

Plugin Contributions

Upgrading can be quick and easy while not changing a thing on your existing site. Your mileage may vary.

What would be helpful is for us to know whether or not your host has cPanel or some other controller with a file manager, database creation tool, etc. If so, you can use the installation instructions at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first...t-using-cpanel to create a new folder called test (instead of catalog or shop) that will contain the new site. You can take your time adding mods and templates you think you will need and leave the old site working.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    Upgrading can be quick and easy while not changing a thing on your existing site. Your mileage may vary.

What would be helpful is for us to know whether or not your host has cPanel or some other controller with a file manager, database creation tool, etc. If so, you can use the installation instructions at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first...t-using-cpanel to create a new folder called test (instead of catalog or shop) that will contain the new site. You can take your time adding mods and templates you think you will need and leave the old site working.
    I will try. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tropical View Post
    I will try. Thank you.
    If you haven't seen this instruction yet/before... backup, backup, backup... you can always restore from a change that has undesirably been made if you have a backup... do this for your live site before you do anything and then before anything that likely will significantly change the database... have no fear, just backups. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    have no fear, just backups. :)
    I'm going to get this tattooed across my chest. :)
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    If you haven't seen this instruction yet/before... backup, backup, backup... you can always restore from a change that has undesirably been made if you have a backup... do this for your live site before you do anything and then before anything that likely will significantly change the database... have no fear, just backups. :)
    I 'd like to explain more about my situation. The forum is a subfolder of my main webpage. To back up, I am not quite sure of the procedures to partially back up this subfolder (in cpanel). I 've read the instruction but inside cpanel there are sth else. And I am not IT guy. So yes, I m afraid to do the change. By the way, I did full back up of the whole website. But when things went wrong like my previous forum and I dont know how to restore it. The main site is OK. How can I partially restore only the forum part?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tropical View Post
    I 'd like to explain more about my situation. The forum is a subfolder of my main webpage. To back up, I am not quite sure of the procedures to partially back up this subfolder (in cpanel). I 've read the instruction but inside cpanel there are sth else. And I am not IT guy. So yes, I m afraid to do the change. By the way, I did full back up of the whole website. But when things went wrong like my previous forum and I dont know how to restore it. The main site is OK. How can I partially restore only the forum part?
    *explanation* there is a forum as a subfolder of the shop.

Plugin Contributions

With the method I suggested, backups are not that critical. You are actually not touching the old site other than to copy the database to the new for testing.

Still, your cPanel should have the Backup and Backup Wizard under the Files Menu. The Backup Wizard is the easiest to use. The Backup option is capable of being more selective in what you backup and download.