Plugin Contributions

Default Control availability of downloads based on payment method

I am working on a test copy of a client's shop and trying to test different settings with a view to the client offering downloadable products. To that end, I am trying to set the order status for orders paid with a credit card (auth.net AIM) to "processing" rather than "pending."

I edited the config values and set "Set Completed Order Status" to Processing. But when I click save, I see that the order status shown in the grid of payment modules still shows as "pending."

I wonder if I am misunderstanding how this works. The client only uses two payment modules, auth.net AIM and check/money order. They want to consider all orders paid by credit card as paid immediately and those paid with check/money order as pending. This is in large part so that customers who buy a downloadable product with a credit card can access it right away.

Is it possible to set the status to "processing" even if the auth.net module is not set to authorize rather than authorize & capture?
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authprize.net AIM setting

perhaps a look in the admin >> localization >> Admin Order Status.

Please note that downloads will not release until a certain status is set. (usually Processing, but you can configure this in your Admin)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    Is it possible to set the status to "processing" even if the auth.net module is not set to authorize rather than authorize & capture?
    Is there a reason that you can't live with for a setting of "Auth and Capture"? Do you manually capture every day?

Setting to "Authorize" and order status to "Processing" does seem to change to 'pending' in the display (after saving) even though 'processing' is selected in setup.

Setting to "Authorize and Capture" and order status to "Processing" stays as order status 'processing' in the display (after saving).

As dbltoe suggested, you can always change the download release from processing to pending but that is not an option for you due to the check/money order payment type.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post

As dbltoe suggested, you can always change the download release from processing to pending but that is not an option for you due to the check/money order payment type.
    Where is this controlled? Is this the "default" status? Or is there something in the download set up that releases it when the order is a certain status?

I think the client is moving toward having auth.net authorize and capture but for the moment, they don't do it that way. Most of their products are not digital and some take a while to make so they typically have not captured funds until they are ready to ship the product. As I say, I think they are leaning toward not doing this but they asked me to look into how to add digital products to what they already do.

Thanks for your thoughts on this!
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Changing the download release to 'pending' would allow the MoneyOrder/Check to immediately download which is not what you wanted to do.
    But, to do it....

Configuration: Attribute Settings: Downloads Controller Order Status Value >= lower value
    Default is 2 (processing)

Change to 1 (pending)

should allow downloads for ordering in pending status through delivered status (upper value =4)
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. I hadn't found that section in the config settings. You're right that we don't want to change it to pending but it's good to know where those settings are!
    Ellie Armsby