Plugin Contributions

Default Help with GST (tax) in New Zealand on checkout

Hi,

Thanking you in advance if you can shed some light on my issue as I'm struggling to get this correct somehow for a New Zealand based retail cart that only sells within NZ with tax of 15%. I need to set zencart up to display products with tax included on products but then also display the tax amount in the checkout confirmation and also show invoices.
    A product needs to be displayed with tax included so customers know the total tax inclusive retail price prior to purchasing. Tax (GST) is 15%. However, on check out confirmation and also on invoices the tax component amount also needs to be shown. Tax also needs to be shown on shipping.

For example product A = $100 (which includes tax of 15% - gst (tax) amount is $13.04)
    Shipping is $10.00 (inclusive GST net $8.70 tax amount $1.30)
    Cart needs to show the total to pay of $110 and also disclose the total tax amount of $14.34 ($13.04+$1.30)
    Invoices also need to disclose the amount of GST included in the transaction and needs to show this at checkout page

I see there are settings in the admin:
    Display prices with tax = True
    Display prices with tax in admin = true
    Basis of product tax is = store
    Basis of shipping tax = store
    Sales tax display status = 1
    Store zone is set to New Zealand with tax zone defined as NZ with zone tax defined as 15%. Shipping module 'table rate' has tax class set to 'taxable goods' set and 'store'.
    I have played around with all the settings trying to get this to work. The modules order total is currently shipping, subtotal, tax, order total.

Any help much appreciated of what I may need to do.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Help with GST (tax) in New Zealand on checkout

Quote Originally Posted by sydmich View Post
    Hi,

Thanking you in advance if you can shed some light on my issue as I'm struggling to get this correct somehow for a New Zealand based retail cart that only sells within NZ with tax of 15%. I need to set zencart up to display products with tax included on products but then also display the tax amount in the checkout confirmation and also show invoices.
    A product needs to be displayed with tax included so customers know the total tax inclusive retail price prior to purchasing. Tax (GST) is 15%. However, on check out confirmation and also on invoices the tax component amount also needs to be shown. Tax also needs to be shown on shipping.

For example product A = $100 (which includes tax of 15% - gst (tax) amount is $13.04)
    Shipping is $10.00 (inclusive GST net $8.70 tax amount $1.30)
    Cart needs to show the total to pay of $110 and also disclose the total tax amount of $14.34 ($13.04+$1.30)
    Invoices also need to disclose the amount of GST included in the transaction and needs to show this at checkout page

I see there are settings in the admin:
    Display prices with tax = True
    Display prices with tax in admin = true
    Basis of product tax is = store
    Basis of shipping tax = store
    Sales tax display status = 1
    Store zone is set to New Zealand with tax zone defined as NZ with zone tax defined as 15%. Shipping module 'table rate' has tax class set to 'taxable goods' set and 'store'.
    I have played around with all the settings trying to get this to work. The modules order total is currently shipping, subtotal, tax, order total.

Any help much appreciated of what I may need to do.
    Half way there I think ...
    On searching the forum further I have now set the store to basis of product tax = shipping and basis of shipping tax= to shipping with 1 zone and all countries defined with the 15% tax rate. This has solved calculating the tax correct on the products but increases the table rate of shipping by the tax amount! So I need the shipping to show the tax inclusive amount on checkout but show the amount of tax included in the tax breakdown.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sydmich View Post
    Half way there I think ...
    This has solved calculating the tax correct on the products but increases the table rate of shipping by the tax amount! So I need the shipping to show the tax inclusive amount on checkout but show the amount of tax included in the tax breakdown.
    Shipping costs are entered in Nett, so if you need shipping to be $10 in frontend, you'd enter it as 8.70 in admin and set tax class to Taxable Goods.

Plugin Contributions

This was very helpful! thank you so much got taxes working as they should be!! Thank you!!