Plugin Contributions

Default authorizee.net merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive

I recently did a complete rebuild/upgrade of my zen cart based site to v1.5.6c. The install went fine except for the integration of authorize.net. I have been using authorize.net (aim) since the beginning, probably 7 years or more, without issues. After the upgade to 1.5.6c I got a new transaction key and cancelled the old one. Still using the aim module I tested things out in sand box mode and all appeared ok. I next tried test mode and the credit card would not process. I got this error statement ...error 13 The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive. I checked with authorize.net and my account is active. I tried manually processing a card through the authorize.net website and that worked ok. Authorize.net wanted to know why I was using aim as that was being phased out. So I activated the sim module with new transaction key and security key. Got the same error statement. I have no idea what is going on. I am about redy to try another gateway unless anyone has an answer for me.
    Thanks in advance for any help!

url store.laurelmountainforge.com
    php 7.2

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: authorizee.net problems

Quote Originally Posted by Knapper View Post
    I recently did a complete rebuild/upgrade of my zen cart based site to v1.5.6c. The install went fine except for the integration of authorize.net. I have been using authorize.net (aim) since the beginning, probably 7 years or more, without issues. After the upgade to 1.5.6c I got a new transaction key and cancelled the old one. Still using the aim module I tested things out in sand box mode and all appeared ok. I next tried test mode and the credit card would not process. I got this error statement ...error 13 The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive. I checked with authorize.net and my account is active. I tried manually processing a card through the authorize.net website and that worked ok. Authorize.net wanted to know why I was using aim as that was being phased out. So I activated the sim module with new transaction key and security key. Got the same error statement. I have no idea what is going on. I am about redy to try another gateway unless anyone has an answer for me.
    Thanks in advance for any help!

url store.laurelmountainforge.com
    php 7.2
    having invalid credentials is a rudimentary problem. debugging php.... while probably not...

are you using the cim module? i do not know what the sim module is.

if you find the process function in the payment module, you can add:

PHP Code:
                    trigger_error($this->xml);
    //right before this line:

$ch curl_init(); 
    you should then have a debug log and can see what the credentials are and where you may have gone wrong.

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

The cim module was an authorize.net module for ZC v1.3.8-v1.3.9 form 2012. The sim and aim modules are supported by ZC v1.5.6c and are include with the ZC 1.5.6c install package. I do have a debug log and here is a partial copy of what I get.
    Results Received back from Authorizenet: Array
    (
    [0] => Response from gateway
    [1] => 3
    [2] => 2
    [3] => 13
    [4] => (TESTMODE) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.
    [5] => 000000
    [6] => P
    [7] => 0
    [8] =>
    [9] =>
    [10] => 25.78
    [11] =>
    [12] => auth_capture
    [13] =>
    [14] =>
    [15] =>

checking with authorize.net my account is not inactive. I am able to process credit cards from the authorize.net dashboard. My validation credentials I used to log into authorize.net from ZC are new and checkout ok in sandbox mode. When I go to test mode or live mode I get the "login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive" error statement. I tried getting new login credentials with the same results. As I said before I tried switching from the aim module to the sim module with the same results.

Plugin Contributions

i now see the sim module. it is the Server Integration Method. and commented as such in the authorizenet.php documentation. as opposed to aim (Advanced Integration Method) which has the _aim affixed to it.

knapper, credit card processing is hard. understanding the modules and terminology can be confusing. i will try and help you out. you can choose to do what you want.

moving to the sim module is a mistake. authorize.net is trying to simplify all of their terminology and have 1 api to do things. aim and sim are both deprecated and soon to be end of life. when referring to the modules, i would look at the authorize.net website, and not the latest modules utilized by ZC. you can see both of these modules are deprecated here:

https://developer.authorize.net/api/upgrade_guide.html

from a coder standpoint, these deprecated modules all make use of the legacy AIM Name Value Pair (NVP) method, where the form field names begin with "x_". so neither one of the "supported" ZC modules is going to be supported by authorize.net in the near future. when the authorize.net guy said why are you using aim and that was going to be phased out, he meant ANY module making use of the NVP method.

curiously enough, the cim module for zencart is a compilation of NVP as well as XML transactions (along with JSON, the new supported methods). i have been reluctant to update the cim module as i have a very customised version that works for my clients, and making it store owner proof is somewhat of a challenge, and not my forte. now that i am staying at home, perhaps i will look at that once again. no promises.

with regards to your last post, i never questioned the error coming back from authorize. what i was trying to get at was what are you sending to authorize? and what endpoint are you using? you obviously know your credentials, but are those the things that are getting sent there? do you have that information in your debug log file?
    author of square Webpay.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Knapper View Post
    I recently did a complete rebuild/upgrade of my zen cart based site to v1.5.6c. The install went fine except for the integration of authorize.net. I have been using authorize.net (aim) since the beginning, probably 7 years or more, without issues. After the upgade to 1.5.6c I got a new transaction key and cancelled the old one. Still using the aim module I tested things out in sand box mode and all appeared ok. I next tried test mode and the credit card would not process. I got this error statement ...error 13 The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.
    Observations:
    - The ZC implementation of AIM hasn't significantly changed, and so an account that worked with AIM before will still work. While AIM is "deprecated", it's still fully functional. The inside scoop I've heard from Authnet is that they won't actually shut it down until the number of people using reduces significantly.
    - You said your "sandbox account worked". Authnet's credentials are different for sandbox vs production, and it's a VERY common thing for people to think they're using live credentials when they've actually pasted in their sandbox credentials (transaction key, etc), when often all they did was switch the checkbox from test to live.

As to when/whether ZC will publish a JSON version, that's a separate topic, not for this thread. As I said, AIM is still fully functional for existing accounts.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Observations:
    - The ZC implementation of AIM hasn't significantly changed, and so an account that worked with AIM before will still work. While AIM is "deprecated", it's still fully functional. The inside scoop I've heard from Authnet is that they won't actually shut it down until the number of people using reduces significantly.
    - You said your "sandbox account worked". Authnet's credentials are different for sandbox vs production, and it's a VERY common thing for people to think they're using live credentials when they've actually pasted in their sandbox credentials (transaction key, etc), when often all they did was switch the checkbox from test to live.

As to when/whether ZC will publish a JSON version, that's a separate topic, not for this thread. As I said, AIM is still fully functional for existing accounts.
    excellent bit of information there! thanks.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

here is the debug log file that I am getting from authorize...
    Response Code: 3.
    Response Text: (TESTMODE) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.

Sending to Authorizenet: Array
    (
    [x_login] => *******
    [x_tran_key] => *******
    [x_relay_response] => FALSE
    [x_delim_data] => TRUE
    [x_delim_char] => |
    [x_encap_char] => *
    [x_version] => 3.1
    [x_solution_id] => A1000003
    [x_method] => CC
    [x_amount] => 25.78
    [x_currency_code] => USD
    [x_market_type] => 0
    [x_card_num] => XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX5663
    [x_exp_date] => ****
    [x_card_code] => ****
    [x_email_customer] => FALSE
    [x_email_merchant] => FALSE
    [x_cust_id] => 2
    [x_invoice_num] => TEST-553979-GiUHXT
    [x_first_name] =******************************
    [x_last_name] =*******************************
    [x_company] =>
    [x_address] => ******************
    [x_city] => ************************
    [x_state] => ********************
    [x_zip] => *******************
    [x_country] => ******************
    [x_phone] => ********************
    [x_email] => ************************
    [x_ship_to_first_name] =>*************
    [x_ship_to_last_name] => ****************
    [x_ship_to_address] => ***************
    [x_ship_to_city] => ******************
    [x_ship_to_state] => *******************
    [x_ship_to_zip] => ******************
    [x_ship_to_country] => United States
    [x_description] => *********************
    [x_recurring_billing] => NO
    [x_customer_ip] => 172.78.55.247
    [x_po_num] => Mar-12-2020 11:33:06
    [x_freight] => 10.1
    [x_tax_exempt] => FALSE
    [x_tax] => 1.69
    [x_duty] => 0
    [x_device_type] => 8
    [x_allow_partial_Auth] => FALSE
    [Date] => March 12, 2020, 11:33 am
    [IP] => 172.78.55.247
    [Session] => a4d9c2e58915ae6837586f65d64356f2
    [x_type] => AUTH_CAPTURE
    [x_test_request] => TRUE
    [url] => https://secure2.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
    )

Results Received back from Authorizenet: Array
    (
    [0] => Response from gateway
    [1] => 3
    [2] => 2
    [3] => 13
    [4] => (TESTMODE) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.
    [5] => 000000
    [6] => P
    [7] => 0
    [8] =>
    [9] =>
    [10] => 25.78
    [11] =>
    [12] => auth_capture
    [13] =>
    [14] =>
    [15] =>
    [16] =>
    [17] =>
    [18] =>
    [19] =>
    [20] =>
    [21] =>
    [22] =>
    [23] =>
    [24] =>
    [25] =>
    [26] =>
    [27] =>
    [28] =>
    [29] =>
    [30] =>
    [31] =>
    [32] =>
    [33] =>
    [34] =>
    [35] =>
    [36] =>
    [37] =>
    [38] =>
    [39] =>
    [40] =>
    [41] =>
    [42] =>
    [43] =>
    [44] =>
    [45] =>
    [46] =>
    [47] =>
    [48] =>
    [49] =>
    [50] =>
    [51] =>
    [52] =>
    [53] =>
    [54] =>
    [55] =>
    [56] =>
    [57] =>
    [58] =>
    [59] =>
    [60] =>
    [61] =>
    [62] =>
    [63] =>
    [64] =>
    [65] =>
    [66] =>
    [67] =>
    [68] =>
    [69] => March 12, 2020, 11:33 am
    [70] => 172.78.55.247
    [71] => a4d9c2e58915ae6837586f65d64356f2
    [72] =>
    )

CURL communication info: Array
    (
    [url] => https://secure2.authorize.net/gateway/transact.dll
    [content_type] => text/html
    [http_code] => 200
    [header_size] => 229
    [request_size] => 227
    [filetime] => -1
    [ssl_verify_result] => 0
    [redirect_count] => 0
    [total_time] => 0.866938
    [namelookup_time] => 0.252932
    [connect_time] => 0.315029
    [pretransfer_time] => 0.457043
    [size_upload] => 1132
    [size_download] => 396
    [speed_download] => 457
    [speed_upload] => 1307
    [download_content_length] => 396
    [upload_content_length] => 1132
    [starttransfer_time] => 0.523896
    [redirect_time] => 0
    [redirect_url] =>
    [primary_ip] => 198.241.206.93
    [certinfo] => Array
    (
    )

[primary_port] => 443
    [local_ip] => 69.163.163.211
    [local_port] => 39466
    )

RAW data received:
    *3*|*2*|*13*|*(TESTMODE) The merchant login ID or password is invalid or the account is inactive.*|*000000*|*P*|*0*|**|**|*25.78*|**|*auth_capture*|**|**|**|**|**|**|** |**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|* *|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|**|*March 12, 2020, 11:33 am*|*172.78.55.247*|*a4d9c2e58915ae6837586f65d64356f2*|**

Plugin Contributions

Good to know. I am willing to go with another Gateway. I've started to try and integrate Square, but that's giving me issues too.

Plugin Contributions

with regards to authorize, you need an api login and a transaction key. there is nothing with regards to a username and password.

if you got a new account, then you need to get a new api login and a new transaction key.

read the instructions here:

https://support.authorize.net/s/arti...ransaction-Key

and get a new one and see what happens.

best.
    Last edited by carlwhat; 14 Mar 2020 at 01:05 AM.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Did an upgrade today and the account had this issue. Contacting Authorize.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.