Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net API with Card on File transactions support thread...

TNX. I hope this exercise has been helpful vs a PIA.

All is fine on my end & not losing sleep.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RixStix View Post
    TNX. I hope this exercise has been helpful vs a PIA.

All is fine on my end & not losing sleep.
    please. found a couple of bugs... that's always a positive!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

rick,
    just to be clear on a few things:

• i have made the code changes for the problems that you found while implementing this module.
    • it is strictly your choice as to whether you want to send the CVV with every transaction. as indicated by your post above, it is totally configurable on the authorize merchant dashboard. if you think you are more secure by requiring it for every transaction, and changing your setting in the dashboard, that is certainly available and we can make that happen.
    • doing so would require your customer to re-input the CVV on every stored credit card transaction. which i think is a little burdensome on the customer. this is just my opinion.
    • my next version will have all of these corrections in the code. i will hopefully get it up there soon, but i can direct you to the code if you want it sooner.
    • my opinion is that requiring the CVV for the new credit card, not requiring it for the stored credit card, and setting the authorize dashboard so that it is not required is the best balance for security and convenience. that is how you are currently configured.
    • currently, if you want authorize to send or not send the customer an email receipt, that has to be done on the authorize dashboard. we currently can not override that setting within this module.

if i can answer any further questions or help in any way, please let me know.

best.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for everything. Comments in red

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    rick,
    just to be clear on a few things:

• i have made the code changes for the problems that you found while implementing this module. I hope the code changes are for the general good of the world, not just me
    • it is strictly your choice as to whether you want to send the CVV with every transaction. as indicated by your post above, it is totally configurable on the authorize merchant dashboard. if you think you are more secure by requiring it for every transaction, and changing your setting in the dashboard, that is certainly available and we can make that happen. That 'click' setting within Auth.net is most likely a choice blindly made 10 years ago from a suggestion of our original processor. And like many choices made during initial setup, tend to get forgotten over the years until the choice has negative consequences. Thus triggering a widescale hunt.
    • doing so would require your customer to re-input the CVV on every stored credit card transaction. which i think is a little burdensome on the customer. this is just my opinion. Agree
    • my next version will have all of these corrections in the code. i will hopefully get it up there soon, but i can direct you to the code if you want it sooner. Not necessary & I am not losing sleep over this issue.
    • my opinion is that requiring the CVV for the new credit card, not requiring it for the stored credit card, and setting the authorize dashboard so that it is not required is the best balance for security and convenience. that is how you are (were) currently configured. I have unchecked that box within the auth.net account
    • currently, if you want authorize to send or not send the customer an email receipt, that has to be done on the authorize dashboard. we currently can not override that setting within this module. Not sure where this comment came from. We don't have auth.net send any customer receipt. Admin receipts yes, especially when fraud detection filters are triggered.

if i can answer any further questions or help in any way, please let me know.

best.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

version 2.0.1 released.

addresses both bugs found by @RixStix. changes include:

• ability to configure sending of CVV for new card and/or card on file transactions separately.
    • addresses issue when order total extends past 2 decimal places.
    • differentiates pop-up window for refunds v voids based on the transaction status; only unsettled transactions can be voided, while one can only refund a settled transaction.
    • more code cleanup, and a few more notes in the documentation.

best.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Version 2.1.0 now released!

• now allows for separate authorization and capture!
    • continued code cleanup and efficiency
    • no ZC core files or tables modified.

best.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

I didn't know this existed until just the other day. Very nice!

Installed for a client and working but with one issue. She cannot capture from the admin. Capture through a.net works.

Zen Cart 1.5.6a
    PHP 5.6

When clicking the capture button, in the console I get:
    VM233:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: cimpopupWindow is not defined at <anonymous>:1:1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeking View Post
    I didn't know this existed until just the other day. Very nice!

Installed for a client and working but with one issue. She cannot capture from the admin. Capture through a.net works.

Zen Cart 1.5.6a
    PHP 5.6

When clicking the capture button, in the console I get:
    VM233:1 Uncaught ReferenceError: cimpopupWindow is not defined at <anonymous>:1:1
    jim,
    thanks for the props!

i have not tested on 1.5.6a. only on 1.5.6c. it looks like there is a problem with jquery.

what happens if from the admin, you open the developer tools and enter:

Code:
    $().jquery
    do you get you jquery version?
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

In Developer Tools, do you mean a search for $().jquery? In that case, nothing turns up.

But this file is loading: jscript__jquery.min.js
    which is version 1.7.1

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeking View Post
    In Developer Tools, do you mean a search for $().jquery? In that case, nothing turns up.

But this file is loading: jscript__jquery.min.js
    which is version 1.7.1
    no, i do not mean a search.

in the console, type the code exactly as written. the version should come back up. see the attached file.

i'm looking at a v1.5.6c version and i do not see that file that you are talking about (jscript__jquery.min.js). in the 156c the jquery version comes back as 3.4.0 (my screenshot is from a v157 install so it comes back as 3.4.1).

i can track down a 1.5.6a and hopefully get that booted up, but i have a feeling you do not have jquery loaded. which the developer tools will tell us. see my screenshot. i'll try and track down a 1.56a fileset.

Name:  Screenshot from 2020-06-09 13-54-05.png
Views: 109
Size:  10.1 KB
    author of square Webpay.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast