Thread: Migrated Server

Plugin Contributions

Default Migrated Server

I am new to this forum and I just want everyone to know that I am a novice for sure! I did not set up my site, someone else did over 5 years ago and now I am trying to navigate it on my own, I am FAR from any kind of computer programmer. So please be kind, I'm trying.

My site host is Go Daddy and they recently migrated to a new server. I did not have ANY problems with my site until this happened and of course they are NO help at all. They say everything is kosher on their end. However, I am having several problems on the back end now.

When I make a change to my inventory, or any kind of change for that matter, it does not show up on the store so I have people purchasing things I do not have in stock. This is the biggest problem right now. Also, orders are not showing up nor am I getting email notifications of orders anymore. The only way I know an order has been placed is when I get a notification from PayPal.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Migrated Server

Try using https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/miscellaneous/configure/ as a go-by to make sure your two configure.php files are correct.

You need to make sure your settings in BOTH match your current environment.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Jcarvajal View Post
    I am new to this forum and I just want everyone to know that I am a novice for sure! I did not set up my site, someone else did over 5 years ago and now I am trying to navigate it on my own, I am FAR from any kind of computer programmer. So please be kind, I'm trying.

My site host is Go Daddy and they recently migrated to a new server. I did not have ANY problems with my site until this happened and of course they are NO help at all. They say everything is kosher on their end. However, I am having several problems on the back end now.

When I make a change to my inventory, or any kind of change for that matter, it does not show up on the store so I have people purchasing things I do not have in stock. This is the biggest problem right now. Also, orders are not showing up nor am I getting email notifications of orders anymore. The only way I know an order has been placed is when I get a notification from PayPal.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!!
    this could be a DNS problem. you could be affecting inventory on the old server, while customers are buying on the new server. or vice versa....

despite the fact the goDaddy moved you to a new server, the old server may still be up. customers (or you) with a cached DNS entry are still going to the old server.... its not a good situation....

whenever a host moves someone to a new server, they need to de-activate the old server or not make it easily routable on the 'net. in my experience, large hosting companies like daddyGo always miss this step.

if you can get to the old server, i would put that one into maintenance mode. that's what it sounds like to me...

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

...and if the store was built 5 years ago it is probably an older version and the new server they moved you to they may have set the php to a newer version which would cause problems depending on the version of the cart versus the php version
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!