Plugin Contributions

Default Problem with Attributes

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

Server Host: vs1.providerlijst.nl (51.75.191.95)Database: mgscom_dbServer OS: Linux 4.9.0-8-amd64Server Date: 05/20/2020 18:55:04 Server Up Time: 18:55:04 up 223 days, 9 min, 1 user, load average: 0.17, 0.47, 0.50HTTP Server: Apache/2PHP Version: 7.3.18 (Zend: 3.3.18)PHP File Uploads: OnUpload Max Size: 128MPHP Memory Limit: 192MPOST Max Size: 128MDatabase Engine: MySQL 5.5.5-10.3.22-MariaDBDatabase Host: 127.0.0.1 (127.0.0.1)Database Date: 05/20/2020 18:55:04Database Data Size: 573 kBDatabase Index Size: 497 kBMySQL Slow Query Log Status: OnMySQL Slow Query Log File: vs1-slow.logMySQL Mode: (None set)

I am helping a friend setting up Manufacturs/designers in the store
    When adding a product we can see the list of zips, but not the list of download attributes.
    I checked the attribute manager and there are no option names or option values listed in there all I can see there are products listed in the categories.
    She is uploading by FTP and we are using Custom Scriptz Private Area for Designers to upload their own products. This is a completely Fresh Store.
    I don't know how to use the Attributes manager so a bit wary of adding anything to it.
    I hope that is enough info for you, if not, feel free to ask questions.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem with Attributes

This would be where the downloads manager would be helpful to use... it "summarizes" the characteristics needed to provide the download.

Also, while I can't say I fully understand the "indicator" adjacent to a product/categories name (*) and why/when it is added there, I thought it represented a product that has attributes...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The new docs are taking shape and looking better each day. Haven't had a chance to thoroughly vet the ones for attributes but it looks like a good read. Might be very helpful for you.

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/products/attributes/

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I am running 1.5.7b
    with multi-site
    i use the responsive temp that came with the cart.

i have been using zen cart since 139

i am having a strange problem.. below is my debug file and you can see that it has something to do with attributes selection.,
    I am attaching pictures to show that this item has no attributes to it but in the admin catalog section it show the attributes buttom as black meaning there are attributes. so how do i disconnect something that is not connected..
    i can not add the picture to show no attributes . so i added this link to the page so you could see no attributes and attached to this.

https://www.herasonlinemarket.com/sh...music-festival.

[21-Apr-2021 05:42:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function zen_requires_attribute_selection() in /includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:1993
    Stack trace:
    #0 /includes/main_cart_actions.php(49): shoppingCart->actionBuyNow('shopping_cart', Array)
    #1 /includes/init_includes/init_cart_handler.php(44): require('/home/herasonl/...')
    #2 /includes/autoload_func.php(37): require_once('/home/herasonl/...')
    #3 /includes/application_top.php(219): require('/home/herasonl/...')
    #4 /index.php(25): require('/home/herasonl/...')
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 1993

[21-Apr-2021 05:42:02 UTC] Request URI: /?chapter=10&action=buy_now&products_id=562, IP address: 114.119.134.231
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function zen_requires_attribute_selection() in /includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:1993
    Stack trace:
    #0 /includes/main_cart_actions.php(49): shoppingCart->actionBuyNow('shopping_cart', Array)
    #1 /includes/init_includes/init_cart_handler.php(44): require('/home/herasonl/...')
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 1993.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    My Multi_Site Zen Carts
    http://herasonlinemarket.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by noppie View Post
    Ok, I am running 1.5.7b
    with multi-site
    i use the responsive temp that came with the cart.

i have been using zen cart since 139

i am having a strange problem.. below is my debug file and you can see that it has something to do with attributes selection.,
    I am attaching pictures to show that this item has no attributes to it but in the admin catalog section it show the attributes buttom as black meaning there are attributes. so how do i disconnect something that is not connected..
    i can not add the picture to show no attributes . so i added this link to the page so you could see no attributes and attached to this.

https://www.herasonlinemarket.com/sh...music-festival.

Code:
    [21-Apr-2021 05:42:02 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function zen_requires_attribute_selection() in /includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:1993
    Stack trace:
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 1993

[21-Apr-2021 05:42:02 UTC] Request URI: /?chapter=10&action=buy_now&products_id=562, IP address: 114.119.134.231
    --> PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function zen_requires_attribute_selection() in /includes/classes/shopping_cart.php:1993
    Stack trace:
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 1993.
    The issue is not whether your product actually does or does not have attributes but instead that the function zen_requires_attribute_selection can not be found. This function is to determine if a product normally has attributes that would require the customer to make a selection instead of just allowing the product to be added to the cart.

That function is "normally" found in includes/functions/functions_lookup.php at/around line 280. So the question is, what modified that file to remove the function? Obviously my guess would be something about the multi-site module, but I haven't installed that in several years now.

To see what the code looks like for that function, you can see this area in github: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/z....php#L272-L324

Now, question is also, why using version 1.5.7b instead of 1.5.7c? There are few changes to be made and no database update is required.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    The issue is not whether your product actually does or does not have attributes but instead that the function zen_requires_attribute_selection can not be found. This function is to determine if a product normally has attributes that would require the customer to make a selection instead of just allowing the product to be added to the cart.

That function is "normally" found in includes/functions/functions_lookup.php at/around line 280. So the question is, what modified that file to remove the function? Obviously my guess would be something about the multi-site module, but I haven't installed that in several years now.

To see what the code looks like for that function, you can see this area in github: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/z....php#L272-L324

Now, question is also, why using version 1.5.7b instead of 1.5.7c? There are few changes to be made and no database update is required.
    i wanted to thank you so much.. i rechecked everything.. and it may have been the muiti site re added the files and now no errors
    thank you again..
    My Multi_Site Zen Carts
    http://herasonlinemarket.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by noppie View Post
    i wanted to thank you so much.. i rechecked everything.. and it may have been the muiti site re added the files and now no errors
    thank you again..
    No problem. Hopefully the no errors are that they aren't being created, not that they aren't being logged where expected...