Plugin Contributions

Default Robots NoIndex, NoFollow appears on some product pages

Hi there,

I just recently updated my website to to zc1.56c I just received notification from google that 19 of my pages are blocked by the noindex, nofollow meta tag.

My issue is that the NoIndex, NoFollow tags is not showing on all my products. It's only showing on a few. I'll provide a couple links below.

THIS PAGE SHOWS THE NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW TAG
    https://www.scentsationsincense.com/...-oils-p-9.html

THIS PAGE DOES NOT
    https://www.scentsationsincense.com/...ram-p-326.html

Currently it appears that it's only about 19 pages that google is reporting, it could be more pages with the NoIndex, NoFollow tag. I looked at many of my product listing pages and for the most part many of them don't have the code.

I searched the forum and found a prior solution that seems to work for someone else, so i tried but it altered my home index page. I changed admin>configuration>layout settings> Categories - Always Show on Main Page to 1.

It did actaully remove the NoIndex, NoFollow from the pages that were showing it, but after making that change it removed all my featured products from the index page, and only left the may specials. It also listed all the product categories on the index page.

It also added the above words above the catergory link "CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED YOUR ZEN CART® E-COMMERCE SOLUTION."

I edit includes>language>english> index.php to remove CONGRATULATIONS! YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY INSTALLED YOUR ZEN CART® E-COMMERCE SOLUTION.

But that was unsuccessful. It did not remove the words. For now I changed back to Categories - Always Show on Main Page to 0

Can someone tell me how to remove the NoIndex,NoFollow tag without altering my index page???

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Robots NoIndex, NoFollow appears on some product pages

Quote Originally Posted by innovcap View Post
    My issue is that the NoIndex, NoFollow tags is not showing on all my products. It's only showing on a few. I'll provide a couple links below.

THIS PAGE SHOWS THE NOINDEX, NOFOLLOW TAG
    https://www.scentsationsincense.com/...-oils-p-9.html

Can someone tell me how to remove the NoIndex,NoFollow tag without altering my index page???
    I just visited your site. I don't see noindex/nofollow on that product.
    And I don't see noindex/nofollow on your index/home page.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

When I went to visit the above product, neither had the noindex, nofollow tag applied. There are some issues with mixed content (https page that is using http src links for example).

So some questions to get addressed (and covered in the posting tips) are what plugins are installed? It appears that there is a uri rewriter, though not sure which it is.

Are all of the plugins from the recent version of that software?

Normally I wouldn't expect that a product's information page would be affected by a product listing's setting, but template modifications away from default Zen Cart operation could cause anything...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

okay I found away to remove the noindex, nofollow from those pages by changing admin>configuration>layout setting>

Categories - Always Show on Main Page 1
    I changed that to 1 and it fixed the no index no follow issue, but now it created another issue it added all the category links on the index above my featured and removed my feature products.

I initially had show featured on index set to 1 but when I changed categories on main to 1, it removed my featured products. so I had to change it to
    Show Featured Products on Main Page - Category with SubCategories 1

doing these two things removed the no index, no follow from my pages but now there is no way to remove category links from index above the featured.

I've searched and search..... but now I'm stuck. I dont think the category links look bad on mobile view, but on desktop view it shows them both in the side bar and above the featured.

Plug ins
    zen light box
    ultimate seo url