Plugin Contributions

Default Blank checkout page

We are currently having a blank page when doing a checkout from our store. We upgraded to version v156 last fall and most likely it has been like that since then.

We mostly used our online store to show our product and our customer come in the store to browse and buy since we sell lawn equipment.

When trying to checkout after adding items to the cart, we get a blank page.

I would like to try do debug myself but I can't find on the server any log files which would give me some clues.

Where are those log files and/or is there a way to set a debug mode so that I would get more information. Thanks

our URL is mrbss.ca, and Zencart is under the Online Store tab.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Blank checkout page

Need an email address and password to use the console tool to see which error is causing this checkout problem
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

The log files are in your root directory/ logs
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

clicking the Docs tab on this forum page is very helpful to help you locate your problems.
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ng/blank_page/
    Mark
    Hare Do

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this information.

I looked before in the logs folder and noticed that was over 9,990 files in there, but all of them were from last November. I will open another thread to discuss what I see in them

I purged all the log files, and then I saw it created new ones, dated today. I found the following which I assume is causing the blank checkout page. Since I am not too familiar with this, what would do you see that is causing the error. It looks to me that we have some modules missing:

[23-May-2020 12:02:14 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping, IP address: 45.58.247.171
    #1 require() called at [/home/michelblaissales/online/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php:36]
    #2 include_once(/home/michelblaissales/online/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php) called at [/home/michelblaissales/online/includes/classes/shipping.php:62]
    #3 shipping->__construct() called at [/home/michelblaissales/online/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php:98]
    #4 require(/home/michelblaissales/online/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php) called at [/home/michelblaissales/online/index.php:36]
    --> PHP Warning: require(includes/classes/xmldocument.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/michelblaissales/online/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 36.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cblais View Post
    Thanks for this information.

I looked before in the logs folder and noticed that was over 9,990 files in there, but all of them were from last November. I will open another thread to discuss what I see in them

I purged all the log files, and then I saw it created new ones, dated today. I found the following which I assume is causing the blank checkout page. Since I am not too familiar with this, what would do you see that is causing the error. It looks to me that we have some modules missing:

[23-May-2020 12:02:14 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping, IP address: 45.58.247.171
    #1 require() called at [/home/michelblaissales/online/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php:36]
    #2 include_once(/home/michelblaissales/online/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php) called at [/home/michelblaissales/online/includes/classes/shipping.php:62]
    #3 shipping->__construct() called at [/home/michelblaissales/online/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php:98]
    #4 require(/home/michelblaissales/online/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php) called at [/home/michelblaissales/online/index.php:36]
    --> PHP Warning: require(includes/classes/xmldocument.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/michelblaissales/online/includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php on line 36.
    You've got an incomplete installation of the UPS-XML shipping method; the file /includes/classes/xmldocument.php is part of that shipping-method's distribution.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for this. Definitely the file /includes/classes/xmldocument.php is not present right now. We may be missing something else.

Is there a way to verify if there is other components that I am missing in the install?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cblais View Post
    Thanks for this. Definitely the file /includes/classes/xmldocument.php is not present right now. We may be missing something else.

Is there a way to verify if there is other components that I am missing in the install?
    You'll need to use a file-compare program (like Beyond Compare) to compare your site's file-set to the files distributed by that shipping method.