Plugin Contributions

Default Any way to combine products into products sets and manage inventory?

ZC1.5.6c, PHP7.3.15
    https://www.proteawines.jp/shop/
    I am scratching my head on this one, my naive searches did not find anything related.

How to group individual products into sets of some sort, is that even possible?

For example, a set of related products sold as a set (which of course would be a product as well in Zen Cart).
    In that case, if a customer buys a set, they would be getting several products at once.

Do I have to manage the inventory separately in advance, e.g., setting aside X number of individual products and reducing the inventory of those before adding the corresponding quantity of product sets? As can be imagined, this could spiral out of control and negate the awseome inventory management ZenCart does automatically.

Any insights much appreciated.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any way to combine products into products sets and manage inventory?

Try doing a Google search for zen cart product (kits or bundles). There are a couple of commercial mods available.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Any way to combine products into products sets and manage inventory?

Thank you will do lat9, and thanks to swguy also for the pointer.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

I'm looking for suggestions how best to code kits of products.

My products at the moment are composed of
    1) Products are "normal": simple product with a SKU and stock as per core code.
    2) Products are "with attributes": attributes have an SKU and stock control assigned via plugin Products Options Stock Manager.

Stock of these products is updated by processing a csv exported from legacy invoicing software.

I want to create kits of products based on both types of SKU.

The stock of the kit should be based on the component stock.
    A purchase of the kit should decrement the components stock.
    Price of the kit should be the components price total, unless overridden.

A pile of custom code is inevitable, and there is a partial solution available (not for components as attributes): https://www.thatsoftwareguy.com/zencart_kitbuilder.html

I am just looking for any input from higher-thinkers as to possible ways forward or if anyone has actually done this already.

I don't know if creating a new product-type would be appropriate.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...