Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Inventory Updater...

this is the support thread for the new inventory updater. it can be downloaded here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2279

it allows for updating of inventory quantities on a single admin page for all items in a category. in addition, it also allows admins to disable or re-enable products right from that page. editing of an item can also be accessed by clicking directly on the item name.

it has been tested for use with ZC v1.5.6 and v1.5.7 only. v1.5.6 has an additional file that you need to upload to your store. instructions are provided.

no ZC core files are modified! no additional ZC fields or tables. if you want to have access to the page from an admin menu, additional instructions are provided!

support is here.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Inventory Updater...

That's a very convenient plugin, and nice design too to not modify any core files or tables (using all those nifty notifiers I guess).
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gernot View Post
    That's a very convenient plugin, and nice design too to not modify any core files or tables (using all those nifty notifiers I guess).
    thank you for that! i'm glad you find it useful.

as this plugin is a new page, it does not make use of any notifiers. it does make use of the existing ZC infrastructure, so it has the same look and feel.

i was thinking about adding another field for potential updating from this page; perhaps the base price. i was also thinking about adding a search field; so one could search for something, and then update the results. for example, if one had a lot of inventory from a specific manufacturer, you could search for that manufacturer and then update the inventory for those search results.

its a convenient way if one has to update inventory after taking a physical or spot check or perhaps after purchasing new stock without having to dig into each item individually.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I saw this and installed and used it the same day, heh. It certainly makes life easier (since we sell products outside of Zen Cart).
    I was pleasantly surprised how clean the page is, good to hear the explanation.

Updating the price would be a great help, adjusting quantities and prices en masse are both common operations.
    Regarding search, I am lucky I categorized by manufacturer, so I just select that manufacturer to get the list I want.
    I suppose for abstract categories a search would indeed be useful (maybe other attributes too if you are about it).

Something that might be cool would be the ability to change the model and product name directly too. I don't know how useful/risky this would be, most times a change in say the vintage of a wine also means changing the content of the product description too. But it still makes correcting various errors easier (especially when mixing languages like on my site). Note that I am not complaining, since you can click on the product and go straight to its editing page already.

As you say, perfect for stock updates, it matches my needs perfectly, so very much appreciated.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Plugin Contributions

I too find this useful, thank you.

I added a product image column as this helps with managing the inventory of greeting cards.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    I too find this useful, thank you.

I added a product image column as this helps with managing the inventory of greeting cards.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

This looks great and what I have been looking for, my only feedback would be the category list, I have a large list of categories and sub categories and some sub sub categories. The list order in the dropdown can make it hard to find the category that I am looking, is there any way that it could be placed into the store category order?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jcrennan View Post
    This looks great and what I have been looking for, my only feedback would be the category list, I have a large list of categories and sub categories and some sub sub categories. The list order in the dropdown can make it hard to find the category that I am looking, is there any way that it could be placed into the store category order?
    Yes, ideally incorporating the category structure from the dropdown on admin/category_product_listing.php, which uses this code:
    Code:
    echo zen_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', zen_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onchange="this.form.submit();" class="form-control"');
    I had a look but the code changes required are a bit beyond me.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

i can certainly take a look at that when i have a moment.

best.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jcrennan View Post
    i see what you are talking about... it's a good point, and worth addressing in a new release....

Quote Originally Posted by simon1066 View Post
    Yes, ideally incorporating the category structure from the dropdown on admin/category_product_listing.php, which uses this code:
    Code:
    echo zen_draw_pull_down_menu('cPath', zen_get_category_tree(), $current_category_id, 'onchange="this.form.submit();" class="form-control"');
    I had a look but the code changes required are a bit beyond me.
    if it only involved that code. sub sub categories will take some thinking about how best to do this....
    author of square Webpay.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast