Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Inventory Updater...

Quote Originally Posted by tedjmaines View Post
    Great Module. How hard would it be to modify it to show inventory stock on attributes??
    thanks for the props!

with regards to your question, i have no idea.

ZC does not come out of the box with an inventory stock with attributes. so now we are talking about a plugin. which plugin? i see a few different SBA plugins.... but its hard to tell which is the one that most people are using. or what it does.

i have not really played with attributes, as i chose to rely on the base ZC for inventory type functions.

i have a feeling that the bigger work is getting the SBA plugin working properly, and modifying this module should not be too hard, but i'm only guessing as i do not have a development site running any SBA plugin.

how's that for a waffle?

however, as i tell most people given enough time and money, anything is possible...

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I am having problems with sitelock firewall when logged in to admin area and trying to add quantity to existing products or editing the listing itself. It gives me error 15.

I have 3 questions I think would help other users as well:

1] Using this inventory plugin will bypass sitelock firewall?

2] Would it be safe to use this possible bypass OR a VPN with a whitelisted IP?

3] Why does the sitelock firewall cause problems when it should realize that the admin is the one who brought forth the page that is to be altered in the first place?

I stay pretty angry at sitelock lately.

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Harmon View Post
    Hello,
    I am having problems with sitelock firewall when logged in to admin area and trying to add quantity to existing products or editing the listing itself. It gives me error 15.

I have 3 questions I think would help other users as well:

1] Using this inventory plugin will bypass sitelock firewall?

2] Would it be safe to use this possible bypass OR a VPN with a whitelisted IP?

3] Why does the sitelock firewall cause problems when it should realize that the admin is the one who brought forth the page that is to be altered in the first place?

I stay pretty angry at sitelock lately.

Thanks in advance
    Interesting in that I had sitelock for years on an older store and never had these types of issues.

Most all of these plugins work through the same admin interface so I do not see this helping nor do I see it making things worse. Are you accessing via HTTPS? This seems to be an issue not associated with this particular plugin unless I am totally missing the point. If you cannot edit items in the admin, then you have to solve that first.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    Interesting in that I had sitelock for years on an older store and never had these types of issues.

Most all of these plugins work through the same admin interface so I do not see this helping nor do I see it making things worse. Are you accessing via HTTPS? This seems to be an issue not associated with this particular plugin unless I am totally missing the point. If you cannot edit items in the admin, then you have to solve that first.
    concur.
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

I am not using any plugin at the moment but was asking if this inventory plugin would solve my problem.

I have had sitelock and my current hosting provider for years with no problem like this before. I also had Hughes satellite for about 3 years as well.

Sitelock says it is an issue with the firewall AND mentioned that my satellite provider has had issues with the IP and sitelock firewall like I am having now and cases seem to be increasing. Hughes net is my satellite provider. Just a few minutes ago the sitelock rep said simply whitelisting has not worked and he was going to try another approach which lowers the firewall strength [that is how he explained it to me who is partially dumb]. It has been past the time he said it would take to go into effect.

I am getting this error after pulling up a product to add inventory or edit:

Access Denied
    Error 15
    www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com
    2022-05-24 23:50:57 UTC
    logo
    What happened?
    This request was blocked by the security rules
    Your IP: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Proxy IP: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (ID xxxxxxxxxx)
    Incident ID: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

[NOTE: Proxy address is staying the same but ID does change regardless what IP address I use by using my VPN]

I was hoping that this inventory script/plugin would help bypass the problem.
    Regardless, once this problem is worked out, I am eager to try it! It sounds like a life and time saver.
    The sitelock rep I just talked to seemed confident he could fix it. The first time this happened on 5-9-22 they resolved in withing 30 seconds by whitelisting. But that I am assuming did not stop the problem as my IP did change after that. I am a small company and do not alter our listing so I really have no clue when the problem started. I need to add inventory now and am at "-1" on the product that I was trying to restock to when I found the problem
    Last edited by Mike Harmon; 25 May 2022 at 01:18 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I have never used this plugin so I cannot comment on it. I use EZ Populate and can do much more than "just" update qty.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by g2ktcf View Post
    I have never used this plugin so I cannot comment on it. I use EZ Populate and can do much more than "just" update qty.
    i have never used EZ populate. but last time i checked this was the support thread for my inventory updater...

as far as bypassing sitelock, i doubt it. but i have no idea, as i have never used sitelock...

it seems more valuable to figure out your sitelock issues as opposed to attempting to bypass them with my plugin... but you are more than welcome to try... this plugin has a very easy install and there are no core code scripts modified...

hope that helps.

@g2ktcf if you have never used this plugin and can not comment on it, then please tell what you are doing commenting on it?
    author of square Webpay.

Plugin Contributions

If you can just delete my post please. I see no where to do it

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by carlwhat View Post
    i have never used EZ populate. but last time i checked this was the support thread for my inventory updater...

as far as bypassing sitelock, i doubt it. but i have no idea, as i have never used sitelock...

it seems more valuable to figure out your sitelock issues as opposed to attempting to bypass them with my plugin... but you are more than welcome to try... this plugin has a very easy install and there are no core code scripts modified...

hope that helps.

@g2ktcf if you have never used this plugin and can not comment on it, then please tell what you are doing commenting on it?
    @Carlwhat, I did not even realize which forum this was in. Please accept my sincerest apologies. I did not even realize this was your plugin.

Plugin Contributions

Using 1.5.6 zencart and php 7.3

Hello,
    I downloaded this plugin and it works great. In my instance it is allowing me to have a semblance of normalcy as I have ongoing problems with a hacked site or server.
    I am ignorant but stubborn so I would like to ask for patience.
    I downloaded the zip file and can not figure the file structure.
    I read them to be that upon unwrapping , I would be creating OR adding to the following folders for the zencart 1.5.6 version I am using:

admin: [ i have that naturally]
    includes: [ I have that]I added inventory.php here and set permissions
    Drilling down then
    extra_datafiles = [I had that and added the inventory.php]
    languages => English [I had those but didn't have folder "extra_definitions so I uploaded the folder extra_definitions] it installed inventory.php also

At this point it is working and I am loving it.

What should I do with the other files in the zip file like folders font_wesome-4.2.0,fonts. js, less and zc_plugins?

I opened a support thread pertaining to my ongoing problem and yes, I am using this to circumvent that problem and am not advising anyone to do that but am saying the plugin is remarkable and I will use it daily! It makes zencart fun again frankly.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast