Default URL pagination parameter rewrite

Recently I have found that something was not very nice for reading, and this something is the URL for paginated series of product listing.

Curently I am using CEON URI mapping, but there is no function to remove the parameters.

I want to convert:

https://my_website.com/category1?sort=20a&page=2

to

https://my_website.com/category1/2

I have tried to add some new rewrite rules (exept the ones that are already in the .httaccess) like that one (RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?$ ?sort=20a&page=$1 [L])

but nothing happens...

What am I doing wrong, any ideas?
    My most recent work: magprom.net

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: URL pagination parameter rewrite

Quote Originally Posted by perfumbg View Post
    Recently I have found that something was not very nice for reading, and this something is the URL for paginated series of product listing.Curently I am using CEON URI mapping, but there is no function to remove the parameters.I want to convert:https://my_website.com/category1?sort=20a&page=2to https://my_website.com/category1/2I have tried to add some new rewrite rules (exept the ones that are already in the .httaccess) like that one (RewriteRule ^([A-Za-z0-9-]+)/?$ ?sort=20a&page=$1 [L])but nothing happens...What am I doing wrong, any ideas?
    For Ceon URI to map from the address shown to the one desired, requires making a new database record to handle the additional parameters. A problem with that though because the sort order is listed before the page identifier is that if the sort order is changed, then the display will be back to what is currently seen but with the different sort order.On another note, I thought I saw in the version 5 thread something about how to integrate a new rewrite such as that where something additional could be used at least to identify the page number.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    For Ceon URI to map from the address shown to the one desired, requires making a new database record to handle the additional parameters. A problem with that though because the sort order is listed before the page identifier is that if the sort order is changed, then the display will be back to what is currently seen but with the different sort order.On another note, I thought I saw in the version 5 thread something about how to integrate a new rewrite such as that where something additional could be used at least to identify the page number.
    Thank you for the directions. I am trying to figure out something right now and if I'm on the right track i will share the results.

Thanks again.

So i have tracked down the code to

/includes/clases/class.CeonUriMappingHandler.php around line 375

PHP Code:
            } else if (!is_null($query_string_parameters)) {

// Page is a Zen Cart page with preset parameters, must initialise the parameters

$query_string_pairs explode('&'$query_string_parameters);

foreach (
    $query_string_pairs as $query_string_pair) {

$parameter_parts explode('='$query_string_pair);

// Parameter from database overrides any in query string

if (count($parameter_parts) == 2) {

$_GET[$parameter_parts[0]] = urldecode($parameter_parts[1]);
                    }
                }
            } 
    and I think i should do something like this

PHP Code:
    $query_string_to_match str_replace('?sort=20a&' '/'$parameter_parts[1], $query_string_to_match); 
    and add it somewhere but not sure where exactly.

I will update on success...

I have found "something", it is not the exact same URL strcture i wanted, but it is Sunday, I have two year old daughter and so I had only 30 minutes...

if somebody wants to know how to convert () the standart CEON url of categories with pagination to something like this

https://website.com/category?page=2 instead o fhttps://website.com/category?sort=20a&page=2

you should open includes/clases/class.ceonurimappingHREFLinkBuilder.php and search for

PHP Code:
    $link .= zen_output_string($parameters); 
    around line 368 and change it to

PHP Code:
    $link .= str_replace('sort=20a&''', (zen_output_string($parameters))); 
    this removes the anoying sort=20a& from the url, without braking anything.

on row 362 /same file/ one can change the "?" separator to "/" but this breaks the pagination links, I asume that there is a lot more work to do to change only the separator

as you know more work = more time, and 2y old daughter = less time so less time = unfinished work.

I will update when or if I manage to work it out.