Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal over-rides customer shipping address

Is there a setting that will prevent Paypal or any other payment option from changing the customer’s requested shipping address? This is a continuing problem for us. The order information goes out to Paypal with one shipping address and comes back with the shipping address from the customer’s Paypal account. Paypal denies doing it, but I’ve had indignant calls from multiple customers now that ‘we’ sent them an order confirmation with the wrong address on it. I’d look at the customer account information and see that it indeed had the customer’s requested shipping address on it, yet the order came back from Paypal with the address from the customer’s Paypal account. In too many cases, the order was shipped to the wrong address before anyone caught the error.

We were emailing every customer when we saw an address different from the shipping address in their customer account, but we have grown way beyond our ability to do that every time it occurs.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal over-rides customer shipping address

I did an Internet search and found this: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....loggedin-users

Not sure if it still applies or will resolve the issue, though I believe I've seen that code in review of paypal express code.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal over-rides customer shipping address

Thanks, I will check this out once I'm back in the office. Sorry for not replying sooner, I've been up to my ears putting out brush fires and only just got back to this.