Thread: 1.5.7 Problems

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart 1.5.7 problems

I just got to checking on the PayPal and reloaded the modules. Now every time they go to PayPal you get:

There’s a problem with your shipping address.
    Please return to the merchant and update your information, including your city, state, and ZIP code.
    test Local Ship address
    123 anywhere undefined
    Penascola FL 32506

I believe this has been noted before but I am not going to chase it tonight, it has been a long day.

Just wanted to let you know what happened when I tried it.

Stan

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    You're going to need to stretch your products_name column to fit your supersized data! :)

First MAKE A BACKUP of your database. Then:

In Admin > Tools > Install SQL Patches do

ALTER TABLE products_description MODIFY COLUMN products_name varchar(128) NOT NULL default '';
    Quote Originally Posted by swguy View Post
    When you had that issue, you were doing a copy product, which appends the string "[DUPLICATE]" on to the product name. So even if you kept to your own limit, you could still blow the old 64 character size because of that appended value.
    Also need to update the products_name field in the orders_products table so that its size lines up with the products_name field of the products_description table. Otherwise during the purchase process, there will be a similar error generated and purchasing will stop.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Ah good point. Yes, these two should match just to make things more self-documenting, even if you plan to trim the title back before the product can be purchased.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I have been working with the problem I had with PayPal all day which is why I did not respond sooner, I had to rebuild the sites since I had not backup the database (I forgot there was an update to the database so I could not fall back on the original backup it was built from).

I had a split login page that was not accepting the login from existing users. Once I tracked it to the page causing the problem turning it off and back on cleared the problem.

I have retested the PayPal remove and reinstall and it seems to work now not sure why it caused a problem the first time, I had no logged errors to track. Hoping it will go as well on the live sites. I have a test order out I am waiting for the owner to refund the payment to see if it refunds without the error.

I found the products_name field in the orders_products table and changed it to 128 also. I had originally thought the field on the form would stay at 64 even when the database was now 128 but I see that is not the case it's size has also changed so it will allow a longer field, would have been nice if it had stayed at 64 it would have made things easier. I will just have to figure out a way to limit the title when parts are created so they do not cause a problem we have to do something similar on the long image names so I am sure I can figure something.

Plugin Contributions

The refund for the PayPal came through it is still throwing the error after reloading the module.

[06-Jul-2020 08:48:08 America/Chicago] Request URI: /ipn_main_handler.php, IP address: 173.0.81.1
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_REFUNDED_STATUS_ID - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_REFUNDED_STATUS_ID' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/alt.humphreystrailerparts.com/public_html/ipn_main_handler.php on line 437.

Can I just put on the single quotes on line 437 without causing problems?

Plugin Contributions

Note your settings, then remove and reinstall PayPal Express Checkout. That will fix this issue.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

I do not use express checkout I use the standard. Sorry I should have passed that on with the original information. PayPal Express and PayPal Pro are not installed.

Plugin Contributions

I should have included this on the last response, I have twice in fact removed and reinstalled the PayPal standard.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by websmith View Post
    The refund for the PayPal came through it is still throwing the error after reloading the module.

[06-Jul-2020 08:48:08 America/Chicago] Request URI: /ipn_main_handler.php, IP address: 173.0.81.1
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_REFUNDED_STATUS_ID - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_REFUNDED_STATUS_ID' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/alt.humphreystrailerparts.com/public_html/ipn_main_handler.php on line 437.

I do not use express checkout I use the standard.
    Sorry, we don't do very aggressive testing with the old "PayPal Standard" module anymore.

You can get rid of that warning by making this change:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/c...5a76af886eb2e6

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you I have the information and will make the change on all sites.

Stan

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast