Thread: 1.5.7 Problems

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 1.5.7 Problems

I found this problem while trying to upgrade the first of my sites. To make sure it was nothing in my pages I went back to the clean install site (zencart with no changes from the install files) I always make as a reference and checked the error is there also.

The problem started with the main page on the site I was upgrading not picking up the changed code from the html_includes/site-template folder. When I went to the define page editor tool this is what it shows for any page selected.

 Error: I can not write to this file. Please set the right user permissions on: /var/www/rocknrollshirtshop.biz/public_html/zencart/includes/local/skip_version_check.ini

Note: you should always edit the files located in your current template override directory, Example: /languages/english/html_includes/YOUR_TEMPLATE_DIRECTORY
    Be sure to make backups after changing your files.

These were checked on the base site which is on an ubuntu 18.04 server currently running php7.2 (I will change to 7.4 once the 1.5.6c sites which only go to php 7.2 are updated to handle 7.4)

Editing file:
    /var/www/public_html/zencart/includes/local/skip_version_check.ini

Also, I am not sure if these should be listed here or not but here are 2 problems I am seeing in modules if they should not be here, sorry but I am trying to address them as I work out problems with 1.5.7.

In the UPS module it throws the following waring every time it pulls rates. I had to add the UPS module to test this it is the 1/13/2019 version (latest available on download site)

[28-Jun-2020 20:00:47 America/Chicago] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=checkout_shipping, IP address: 98.190.184.37
    #1 each() called at [/var/www/rocknrollshirtshop.biz/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ups.php:190]
    #2 ups->quote() called at [/var/www/rocknrollshirtshop.biz/public_html/includes/classes/shipping.php:174]
    #3 shipping->quote() called at [/var/www/rocknrollshirtshop.biz/public_html/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php:184]
    #4 require(/var/www/rocknrollshirtshop.biz/public_html/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php) called at [/var/www/rocknrollshirtshop.biz/public_html/index.php:35]
    --> PHP Deprecated: The each() function is deprecated. This message will be suppressed on further calls in /var/www/rocknrollshirtshop.biz/public_html/includes/modules/shipping/ups.php on line 190.

This last I can confirm is in 1.5.6C I have not got a site far enough to check 1.5.7 but expect it will be there since I have seen nothing when checking to see if this has a fix. This error occurs when I do a PayPal refund. It is in the Paypal standard module.

[29-Jun-2020 18:33:45 America/Chicago] Request URI: /ipn_main_handler.php, IP address: 173.0.81.1
    --> PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_REFUNDED_STATUS_ID - assumed 'MODULE_PAYMENT_PAYPALWPP_REFUNDED_STATUS_ID' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in /var/www/rocknrollshirtshop.com/public_html/ipn_main_handler.php on line 446.

I hope all pieces of information needed are here I tried to think of everything you would need.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart 1.5.7 problems

The first issue (define pages editor) is fixed - see 1.5.7 fix list, entry #2:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-v1-5-7-series

PayPal issue: note your settings, then remove and reinstall PayPal.

UPS Issue: change includes/modules/shipping/ups.php line 180-181 from

for ($i=0; $i<$qsize; $i++) {
    list($type, $cost) = each($upsQuote[$i]);

to

foreach ($uspQuote as $type => $cost) {
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you Sorry I missed the fix for the first item, I did look.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's not quite the right fix for the UPS module.
    I've uploaded an updated module: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1293

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you I will download the new module.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    That's not quite the right fix for the UPS module.
    Ack! Yes, you're right - thanks for catching that.
    It seems like forever ago that we were fixing these list/each lines in PHP.
    Last edited by swguy; 2 Jul 2020 at 11:28 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I have found one other error that should probably be checked.

This is in the epath module. There does not seem to be a version on this module, I have been using the same one since I started using epath several years ago.

When a card is processed it gives the following error:

[02-Jul-2020 16:28:44 America/Chicago] PHP Deprecated: Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; epath has a deprecated constructor in /var/www/alt.humphreystowbars.com/public_html/includes/modules/payment/epath.php on line 15

Also be aware the error below still occurs, it has been brought up before but at the time I did not have enough information to identify the problem and it was never resolved. Since then I have come to understand this error is caused hidden attributes. The only place I see it is when an item with items that have hidden google feed attributes, I get 3 errors each time a card is processed which matchs the number of hidden attributes. I have ignored it until now since it did not seem to cause any operational problems.

[29-Jun-2020 13:09:24 America/Chicago] Request URI: /shirtshop/orders.php?oID=2741&action=edit, IP address: 98.190.184.37
    #1 epath->update_status() called at [/var/www/rocknrollshirtshop.com/public_html/includes/modules/payment/epath.php:36]
    #2 epath->epath() called at [/var/www/rocknrollshirtshop.com/public_html/shirtshop/orders.php:420]
    --> PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'id' in /var/www/rocknrollshirtshop.com/public_html/includes/modules/payment/epath.php on line 48.

Plugin Contributions

I don't see the epath module in the plugins area - can you give me a link to where it's stored?

Plugin Contributions

The module is not in the download area to the best of my knowledge, I received it from epath when I created an account with them. It was kind of confusing the last time I reported this since epath would take no responsibility and said I had to have zen cart check the problem.

I do not know this system very well so I am not sure if this is link will work but it takes you to where I tried to get this resolved before https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ighlight=epath

Plugin Contributions

Sorry wrong link that is where we worked out that if a customer does not return to the site an invoice will not be created, I can't find the thread where I had brought up this error before.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast