Thread: 1.5.7 Problems

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: payment

I have found further information on this problem.

When I converted the first site it worked fine, when I changed the second over to PayPal Express I was still getting intermittent duplicate and triplicate invoices.

After thinking about it the main difference between the 2 sites what the first had the changes MC had recommended:

"Now, mind you, there is a second patch that will need to be applied if you are transitioning to paypal express on ZC 1.5.7 (and possibly even so for ZC 1.5.6 primarily depending on mySQL settings). This patch is necessary because if the "right" database settings are in place, an attempted purchase will cause a similar issue as recently described. (something I investigated again to see if it was a cause/factor), it's the minorest of changes, but can make a difference.
    Discussion: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/3692
    Files/changes: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/3692/files "

When I changed these on the second site things settled down. I have received several PayPal order with no problem.

So it appears you need both to resolve the issue.

Plugin Contributions

Missed one of the files, you also need this one from MC:

Also, while haven't seen in this thread that the correction for using the admin_notification system has been applied (https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/3769/files) it appears that perhaps something like it has been incorporated as refunds from within ZC have been made possible. Perhaps others trying to replicate the issue though will benefit from that additional information.

Plugin Contributions

I hope I am putting this in the right place.

I have found what appears to be another problem in 1.5.7 and was not able to find any fixes when I searched.

When I copy an item from one category to a new one the master category is not changing to the new category. Also records created from that record do not have the correct category. So for example when I cancel the item it returns to the original category not the category it belongs to.

I found it doing this and it should give the information needed to duplicate the problem.

I was working on my Rock N Roll site and created a new category for a group called Devo. I went to an existing category called Bad Company and copied a record into the new Devo category for a starter record.

Then I changed the information in the Duplicate record for the new item and saved. Then I went into attributes and made the required changes for the new item. Then I choose Additional Actions/Edit Product since everything was complete once the new product displayed I hit cancel to take me back to the category so I could copy the record as a start for the next new record.

Instead of being put into the Devo category where the record was, I was sent to the Bad Company category.

This same problem reoccurred when I copied the new record in the Devo category (created from the Bad Company category record) and following the same procedure as above noted the same problem with it.

When I started checking to find out why I found that the master category for all the new records was Bad Company not Devo as it should have been. I created 7 records the first copied from the Bad Company category with all the others created from the new records in Devo. All have Bad Company as the master category.

Does anyone have any suggestions how to stop this problem and also how do I correct the Master Category for those records created?

Plugin Contributions

The default copy method is "Link" - are you sure you didn't do that? You have to create an entirely new item by selecting Create a Duplicate product. If you do that, the product is created in the category selected in the dropdown above Copy Method.

I just did a quick test and verified that this does work properly for Copy Method = Create a Duplicate product.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by websmith View Post
    When I copy an item from one category to a new one the master category is not changing to the new category.

I believe this should fix that: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/c...f8c16ffb71c42a

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

SWGuy "The default copy method is "Link" - are you sure you didn't do that?"

If there is a dumb mistake I have probably pulled it but in this case No they were not linked copies they were duplicates.

DrByte "I believe this should fix that: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/c...f8c16ffb71c42a "

Thank you I have made the patch and everything seems to be working correctly now.

Plugin Contributions

I have recently upgraded my store to Zen Cart 1.5.7.
    On v.1.5.6c, I had two observer classes sharing the same event notification NOTIFY_HEADER_END_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS.
    On v.1.5.7, I can only run one of them (the second module is ignored).
    Is that intentional? Am I missing something?
    - WDV -

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wvasconcelos View Post
    I have recently upgraded my store to Zen Cart 1.5.7.
    On v.1.5.6c, I had two observer classes sharing the same event notification NOTIFY_HEADER_END_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS.
    On v.1.5.7, I can only run one of them (the second module is ignored).
    Is that intentional? Am I missing something?
    See https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....21#post1371221

Plugin Contributions

Thank you lat9!
    That should work.
    Thanks!
    - WDV -

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by wvasconcelos View Post
    Thank you lat9!
    That should work.
    Thanks!
    Thanks should be given to @mc12345678, who was the original discoverer of and solution-provider for the issue.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast