Thread: 1.5.7 Problems

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Zen Cart 1.5.7 problems

OK I think I fixed these issues - please pull an updated copy of ePath from https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2283
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you I will get it and try it shortly.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks a bunch both the UPS and epath seem to be working. I will not have a site with the attribute problem ready for a couple of days yet to test that but all else seems fine. epath was a little cranky clearing out the old and installing new but I got it settled.

Thanks for all the help.
    Stan

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for confirming. I told the ePath guys about the update. Hopefully they'll say "Bob's your uncle!"

Plugin Contributions

I am sorry it seems like all I can do is find problems. I stumbled on to this when testing the site. I have many products with titles that use the full title field. When you try to copy one to create a new file you get the error below because is tries to put [DUPLICATE] on the title exceeding the field limit.

[04-Jul-2020 15:05:52 America/Chicago] Request URI: /humphreyshitch/index.php?cmd=category_product_listing&action=copy_product_confirm&cPath=13023&p age=1, IP address: 98.190.184.37
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/var/www/alt.humphreystrailerhitch.com/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:170]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [/var/www/alt.humphreystrailerhitch.com/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:142]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [/var/www/alt.humphreystrailerhitch.com/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:269]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [/var/www/alt.humphreystrailerhitch.com/public_html/humphreyshitch/includes/modules/copy_product_confirm.php:114]
    #5 require(/var/www/alt.humphreystrailerhitch.com/public_html/humphreyshitch/includes/modules/copy_product_confirm.php) called at [/var/www/alt.humphreystrailerhitch.com/public_html/humphreyshitch/category_product_listing.php:272]
    #6 require(/var/www/alt.humphreystrailerhitch.com/public_html/humphreyshitch/category_product_listing.php) called at [/var/www/alt.humphreystrailerhitch.com/public_html/humphreyshitch/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1406ata too long for column 'products_name' at row 1 :: INSERT INTO products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url)
    VALUES ('10587',
    '1',
    '16418 5th Wheel UB Bracket Kit Chevy Silverado 1999-2010 [DUPLICATE]',
    'Product Specifications:\r\n\r\nModel/Style:\r\n1999-2006: Silverado 1500/6.5\' Bed\r\n2007-2007: Silverado 1500 Classic/All\r\n1999-2004: Silverado 1500 Classic/Excluding Cab & Chassis\r\n2001-2010: Silverado 2500 HD/Excluding Cab & Chassis\r\n2007-2007: Silverado 2500 HD Classic/Excluding Cab & Chassis\r\n2001-2006: Silverado 3500/Excluding Cab & Chassis\r\n2007-2007: Silverado 3500 Classic/Excluding Cab & Chassis\r\n2007-2010: Silverado 3500 HD Classic/Excluding Cab & Chassis\r\nBracket Type: Custom\r\nBase Rails Needed: 16204 Carbide or 16104 Black\r\nFinish: Durable Black Powder Coat.\r\nYears: 1999, 2000 , 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010\r\nNotes: Includes mounting hardware (base rails sold separately).',
    ''
    ) ==> (as called by) /var/www/alt.humphreystrailerhitch.com/public_html/humphreyshitch/includes/modules/copy_product_confirm.php on line 114 <== in /var/www/alt.humphreystrailerhitch.com/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 170.

Plugin Contributions

You're going to need to stretch your products_name column to fit your supersized data! :)

First MAKE A BACKUP of your database. Then:

In Admin > Tools > Install SQL Patches do

ALTER TABLE products_description MODIFY COLUMN products_name varchar(128) NOT NULL default '';

Plugin Contributions

That I can and will do but it is still a trap.

3 of my sites are trailer parts sites and because so many are similar it often takes more letters than available to identify the specific part and make it different from the one above. So I suspect I am going to have a problem when I build new parts to keep from using the additional space accidentally. I am going to have to find a way make sure the length does not get into trouble.

Before it was simple, the field would only accept so many characters and I had to figure out how to get what I needed within that. I will figure out something. At least extending the field will solve the problem for the thousands that already exist.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Duh sorry it just soaked in that would not be a trap since you are only changing the database field size not the form input field size.

Sorry
    Stan

Plugin Contributions

When you had that issue, you were doing a copy product, which appends the string "[DUPLICATE]" on to the product name. So even if you kept to your own limit, you could still blow the old 64 character size because of that appended value.

Plugin Contributions

I believe we are saying the same basic thing just looking at it slightly different. I think it will be fine but I won't know for sure until I get back adding products which is still a week or so away.

I appreciate your help and will do my best to keep you posted how things work out.

Stan

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast