Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Little red question mark in red diamond - Easy Populate Backend Import Results -

Haha that's okay. It been so long since I've added a product manually that I almost forgot how to do it
    I'm downloading open office and going to create CSV's and repopulate.
    Will post results.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Little red question mark in red diamond - Easy Populate Backend Import Results -

Update

Opened Excel file from supplier with Open Office saved as text CSV.
    Uploaded using Easy Populate and all is working perfectly.

Seems to be a problem with Excel/CSV comma delimited.
    My excel version is 2007 as I am a die hard old school and refuse to upgrade.
    Perhaps with newer version of Excel there are other CSV options that might work too.

Anyway hope this helps anyone that has had this issue.

Verdict.

No problems with Excel, database, files/code, character sets etc. etc..

Thanks for everyone's input.

Plugin Contributions

Wow okay so my problems never seem to end...

So open office worked well for about 10 supplier excel price lists and then I noticed that when I opened an excel sheet, open office duplicated the specifications 3 or 4 times.. So back to the drawing board as I can't seem to remedy this open office/excel issue.

I did try converting the excel to CSV using MS and then opening the CSV with Open Office to save as text CSV but this comes with it's own set of issues from information in v columns being scrambled all over the place to Easy Populate not seeing and information in the product model column even though I could visually see it in Open Office.

Any suggestions ? Perhaps another alternative to Open Office ?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GameChanger69 View Post
    Wow okay so my problems never seem to end...

So open office worked well for about 10 supplier excel price lists and then I noticed that when I opened an excel sheet, open office duplicated the specifications 3 or 4 times.. So back to the drawing board as I can't seem to remedy this open office/excel issue.

I did try converting the excel to CSV using MS and then opening the CSV with Open Office to save as text CSV but this comes with it's own set of issues from information in v columns being scrambled all over the place to Easy Populate not seeing and information in the product model column even though I could visually see it in Open Office.

Any suggestions ? Perhaps another alternative to Open Office ?
    The issue of "opening, duplication" can you explain/clarify a little more? Origin of file being opened (was it an exported file from the database, a new file from supplier, etc...) duplication: columns being duplicated, rows, both? Does it happen only with this one supplier? Do they identify the encoding that they use to generate their file? (might need to specifically open the file to convert it as there may not be a way to auto-detect the source encoding).

There's open Libre I think as well... again, it's important to know what is being presented so can either handle it properly or figure out a process for that supplier. I've known some that have dropped a supplier because their file format is just simply too cumbersome to use regardless the import tool... I would of course suggest talking to the supplier to identify the issue(s). If they refuse to improve, then sure make a choice...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Okays thanks for response.

Yes it would duplicate the product specs.
    So basically just repeat the specs 3 or 4 times.

I found people with the same issues here

https://bz.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=123022

The file is the original Excel file that we download from suppliers website or is sent to us via email.
    All of our 50+suppliers use exactly this same format.

We then convert to CSV to populate.

I used Libre now and it works perfectly without these issues.

Thanks. Hopefully I won't have to come back to this thread again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12