Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Flyout menu on Mobile

Great. Please feel free to post a solution that works. Your first post suggested a solution which may break other things.

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately, this is another reason for not doing what you did. We can no longer adjust the stylesheet to come up with a do-all fix because we have no way of turning off the changes you made elsewhere in jscript.

I'm not trying to say what you did was completely wrong. It just makes everything harder from there on. Including our being able to accurately fix the problem.

If you undo your changes, I will be glad to take a closer look. My earlier disclaimer was simply that, like any change to a layout, it might affect other areas where that item is displayed. Sometimes the volunteers here need to focus more closely on things that make money.

BTW, if the menu was not standard, it would have been even more helpful to answer the posting tips and let us know. Most of the folks here are eager to help but created those posting tip questions for a reason.

Plugin Contributions

I understand your concerns about an upgrade but the css flyout menu is a plugin developed over 10 years ago.

It did not incorporate responsive template changes but nevertheless it can be incorporated in V 1.57 as an extra side box and be responsive.

If the JavaScript file is referencing the side boxes, why wouldn’t you change that file to add this extra side box in? You would surely change any logical referenced file .. whether a style sheet or not.

Anyway, members may well come up with a a better method. That’s the beauty of this forum - bouncing ideas off each other.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12