Plugin Contributions

Default Sidebox for store hours is not updating

I upgraded in February with the official upgrade procedure.
    PHP Version: 7.3.16 (Zend: 3.3.16)
    Nothing is custom to programming and no plugins.
    https://homegrownherbandtea.com/

After upgrading 6 months ago, I did an update like I am doing now and it worked fine.

Now the sidebox I'm trying to update that has our store hours seems stuck. I can't update it, or delete it, it just sits there showing our "closed for covid" message when I try to update includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_hours_sidebox.php

Thoughts?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Sidebox for store hours is not updating

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyrainbow View Post
    Now the sidebox I'm trying to update that has our store hours seems stuck. I can't update it, or delete it, it just sits there showing our "closed for covid" message when I try to update includes/templates/template_default/sideboxes/tpl_hours_sidebox.php
    Since you are using all_business as your template, the file should be saved to includes/templates/all_business/sideboxes/tpl_hours_sidebox.php and make sure that it is enabled in Tools > Layout Boxes Controller.

Plugin Contributions

After trying your solution, which makes total sense, it didn't work. Same thing.

I'm just stumped. I'd blame the upgrade I did in February, but I updated this sidebox in April well after the upgrade.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks so much for looking at this with me!

Plugin Contributions

In case the sidebox contents have got mixed up somehow, the first thing I would do is search the file set for the text in the sidebox - say 'further notice', using Developers Tool Kit. That way you'll know for sure that you are editing the right file.
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

I always forget those awesome tools.

Still, no go. I completely deleted that file then reuploaded and it's still the covid message.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Since it is a sidebox, are you using the Tools > Layout Boxes Controller to make sure the correct one is turned on?

Plugin Contributions

I see two in the Layout Controller, and both turned on. Still no change. Covid message. Turned them on/off individually same thing.

I also see up top a "path" stated a directory I've not been using. However, that file also has something that is not the covid message I keep seeing.

I think that makes 3 places I've changed this file and still the covid message remains. I'm getting so confused.

Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Two options and unrecognized paths sound like you have problems in many places.

Don't know if this could be contributing to your problem but, includes/templates/all_business/stylesheet_betterCate#D2705.css will never load with # in the name. I don't see anything in the file that might cause your current problem but, there's no telling what trickle down effect there might be.

Change the # to _ or - and do not use spaces.

Until you get everything straightened out, you could add
    Code:
    div#hourssidebox {display: none;}
    to the end of your stylesheet.css to temporarily turn off the display.

Make sure your configure.php files are pointing to the correct directories. Could be that one is pointing to one test and the other to something different. Or, possibly an old redirect in .htaccess or cPanel.

Since you see two sideboxes, are both EXACTLY the same filename? Could one be with a Cap and the other without? One with a _ and the other -?

You remind me of a time long ago with a Burroughs B-5000. The CPU had two printer ports (one Daisy-Wheel and one Dot Matrix) but, only one could be active. Yet, a secretary hooked up both printers and went to work. Not even Burroughs could figure out what she did to make it work.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    You remind me of a time long ago with a Burroughs B-5000. The CPU had two printer ports (one Daisy-Wheel and one Dot Matrix) but, only one could be active. Yet, a secretary hooked up both printers and went to work. Not even Burroughs could figure out what she did to make it work.
    That's hysterical. And pretty normal for me. One reason why I'm more of a part-timer.

All of your thoughts sound excellent to sift through and see. Thanks so much!

And how the CSS got the "#" in there I don't know. I didn't do that it was just how it's been. Weird.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jeremyrainbow View Post
    And how the CSS got the "#" in there I don't know. I didn't do that it was just how it's been. Weird.
    # will show up in CSS all the time.

It's the file name that will not accept many special characters like the pound sign. #