Plugin Contributions

Default CEON Manual card 4.0.1

Hi guys, I am using the CEON manual card module and while it seems to work, it brings up this error log:

HTML Code:
    PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; ceon_manual_cardConfigCheck has a deprecated constructor in /includes/classes/class.ceon_manual_cardConfigCheck.php on line 28
    This is line 28:
    PHP Code:
    class ceon_manual_cardConfigCheck extends base 
    In the other file reported, it is line 32:
    PHP Code:
    class ceon_manual_cardSessionCleaner extends base 
    An explanation on why this is deprecated and how to fix it would be very welcome!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: CEON Manual card 4.0.1

i would highly encourage moving away from this module and to something more secure.

to address this error, you need to change line 30:

PHP Code:
    //from

function ceon_manual_cardConfigCheck()
    //to

function __construct() 
    same thing line 35 of the other file.

PHP Code:
    //from
    function ceon_manual_cardSessionCleaner()
    //to 
    function __construct() 
    practice #socialdistancing #staysafe
    email is hard....
    help out with the green....

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for that, I will look at the files, any suggestions on a better module to use for collecting CC info?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mocca View Post
    Thanks for that, I will look at the files, any suggestions on a better module to use for collecting CC info?
    i would move to an on-line gateway. of which there are a multitude....

i am biased, so i would use this one:

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2272

but the square module that is part of the base (or a plugin, i forget which) seems to be quite popular.

the idea that you are collecting cc data to be input into an off-line terminal (if that is what this does) is a very dated idea. the same merchant bank can provide the same merchant services using an on-line gateway. you would just need to see what gateway they can go through... or change merchant banks.

changing cc process can always be a little stressful, but its also a good time to examine your merchant services agreement. modern agreements now offer something called interchange plus pricing. which is what you want. interchange is what is costs the bank to clear the transaction. the plus refers to the basis points that they collect on top of the interchange, and represents their revenue.

it can be very confusing, and people never like to change. but i think its worth wild to examine ones merchant agreement from time to time. and certainly more than time to process cards online integrated with your shopping cart.

good luck.
    email is hard....

Plugin Contributions

Ok so its not that the module is bad you just don't like offline processing?
    Gateways don't work when we have to check and confirm orders first and add shipping, this is a low volume biz and I cannot have a shipping calculator running, already pay for ozpost on my other main site. I need to be able to add shipping once checked out, email the customer to confirm options and cost, then charge them. Otherwise I simply remove it all and put in an option with instructions to call through card details.

I can get a gateway no problem, looked at it before for the other biz, same deal, payment on placing of order causes more headaches when you are a small specialty business, sometimes stock levels change due to combinations of items where one might have run out and is needed to complete the combo. Right now it works well and its been 15 years running.
    Last edited by Mocca; 17 Jul 2020 at 02:48 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mocca View Post
    Ok so its not that the module is bad you just don't like offline processing?
    Gateways don't work when we have to check and confirm orders first and add shipping, this is a low volume biz and I cannot have a shipping calculator running, already pay for ozpost on my other main site. I need to be able to add shipping once checked out, email the customer to confirm options and cost, then charge them. Otherwise I simply remove it all and put in an option with instructions to call through card details.

I can get a gateway no problem, looked at it before for the other biz, same deal, payment on placing of order causes more headaches when you are a small specialty business, sometimes stock levels change due to combinations of items where one might have run out and is needed to complete the combo. Right now it works well and its been 15 years running.
    the last thing i will tell you is how to run your business...

i will briefly mention PCI-DSS... okay.

the scenario you have described is an authorize and capture scenario. which i am convinced is the best way to go. if the customer decides to cancel the order, you can either void the auth, or just let the authorization run out. some banks do not honor a voided authorization.

you can add shipping to the order, and then get a 2nd auth (and capture) for just the shipping. this feature will be available on the next release of the module i am working on. hopefully the beginning of next week. i need to run some more tests... alternatively you can void the auth for just the goods, and then get a new auth for the full value of the goods plus shipping. this is all done on the admin side without any modification of ZC core files.

i have supported a few clients who have done the auth in the admin in the past. it is still my opinion that you need to tokenize the credit card while the customer is still at their computer and then use that token to charge or not charge the customer for an order. whether that is done then or after the order is received, tokenizing the payment, so the you do not have the full number if the safest way to process credit cards. IMO.

best.
    email is hard....