Plugin Contributions

Default Store data not found after restoring into new copy of store

Have installed the latest Zencart and put the sql back but the catalog but does not see it.

I have done this because changed the host server and the admin and store went back to the install zencart. I had to install again with the same database name as previous on my new host.

I put the sql back into the database.

I then installed a new install of the cart in catalog. I have the admin and the shop but it does not show any of the catalog or any of the products both in admin and catalog.

I downloaded the sql to check and it is the orignal sql and no sign of the sql that is actually working. I have only one database so where is it actually going,

Why will it not see the actual sql in the database?

Any ideas please?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Store data not found after restoring into new copy of store

Chances are your old site had a different DB_PREFIX than your new one, and therefore all the tablenames don't match.
    https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/troub...ata/#db-prefix

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I tried that and it did not help. Now reinstalling the store again after many attempts with the sql still cannot figure out where it is putting the new categories.

I downloaded the sql from the new installation to compare and found it had this addition which the old sql does not have

--
    -- Database: `webhjihp_zencart`
    --
    CREATE DATABASE IF NOT EXISTS `webhjihp_zencart` DEFAULT CHARACTER SET latin1 COLLATE latin1_swedish_ci;
    USE `webhjihp_zencart`;

I tried putting that in the old sql but evrything went pear shape saying error when you look at the store.

I have found I need to change the configure.php to reflect the change of server. I can only find one of the these from the includes but not the admin includes.

Mainly this

define('DB_TYPE', 'mysql'); // always 'mysql'
    define('DB_PREFIX', ''); // prefix for database table names -- preferred to be left empty
    define('DB_CHARSET', 'utf8mb4'); // 'utf8mb4' or older 'utf8' / 'latin1' are most common
    define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // address of your db server
    define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'webhjihp_Bschof');
    define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', '?????????');
    define('DB_DATABASE', 'webhjihp_zencart');

I see on the installation of a new store that configure.php shows new database locations since it is a new hosting server.

I will put the new configure.php back and try it again. I will put all the new database enries in it and try that.

Can you tell me where the admin/includes configure.php has gone so I can change that as well? I cannot find it.

Plugin Contributions

I changed the includes/configure.php to point to the new database and now when I go to the store it has the following error

ERROR 0071: There appears to be a problem with the database. Maintenance is required.

Do you know anything else I can do, Please?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bscho View Post
    I changed the includes/configure.php to point to the new database and now when I go to the store it has the following error

ERROR 0071: There appears to be a problem with the database. Maintenance is required.

Do you know anything else I can do, Please?
    Remember that the storefront /includes/configure.php is normally set to be read-only (permissions = 444); check to see that you really made that change.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Remember that the storefront /includes/configure.php is normally set to be read-only (permissions = 444); check to see that you really made that change.
    Yes it is 444 Thanks

Plugin Contributions

There are a number of methods when upgrading your site to a new hosting server...

Step 1
    Start over with a clean install of the new Zen Cart. That means, new blank database gets created by the Zen installer, all new files in the new location.

Check to make sure you can log into the new admin and you can see the new live site.

If this is working you have proven the new install works...

Step 2
    Save the two configure.php files locally.

Save the entire 'new' .sql database locally.

Step 3
    File compare with the old - both the configure files admin and live site AND the .sql files from old to new.

You will see immediately what changed.

Step 4
    You then have to believe that the newest Zen Cart installer got it right AND the way it needs to be - to work. So changing things at this point on the new site isn't recommended or necessary.

Step 5
    Here you would dump the new SQL database, upload your 'old' database, run the Zen installer to upgrade the database to the current installed version.

Step 6
    Review any errors and test the live site and log into the admin with the correct admin login credentials for the now upgraded 'old' database.

Note: You may need to install any modules you had on the old site before it will actually work - the code looks for the database values and will stop if there is anything mismatched. Typically this is not the case unless your old database was changed or corrupted in the past.

Step 7
    Backup the site files locally and the .sql - if it all works.

Step 8
    Test the site in every way you would normally use it. From front to back - sign up as a customer, place an order, process it in admin and make sure everything works.

Ask for help at any step :)
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    There are a number of methods when upgrading your site to a new hosting server...

Step 5
    Here you would dump the new SQL database, upload your 'old' database, run the Zen installer to upgrade the database to the current installed version.

Ask for help at any step :)
    I have done everything installing but it will not accept the old sql

Have you an idea why I have compared the old sql with the new and cannot see anything tha is different.

I cannot see the products in either of the sql are they put in there?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bscho View Post
    I have done everything installing but it will not accept the old sql

Have you an idea why I have compared the old sql with the new and cannot see anything tha is different.

I cannot see the products in either of the sql are they put in there?
    When you look at your old sql, what tables exist with the word admin_menus? If there is only one table with that text, does it only contain that text, or is there something before the word admin?

Now when looking at includes/configure.php, what is the value of DB_PREFIX?

Once the old database data was imported to the new database, did you use zc_install to begin the db upgrade? Do not attempt to login to the admin until after the db has been upgraded.

From what ZC version is the store being upgraded and specifically, what version is being installed? Latest version is not specific and depending on one's reference point could mean something different to different individuals.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...