Plugin Contributions

Default Cannot emails or newsletters. I want to pull my hair out!

I have racked my brain all day and cannot find a correct answer to fixing this after reading through many, many posts. I am not able to send customer emails or newsletters. Pardon me if it is buried somewhere in the treads, I could not find the help.

I have been troubleshooting this my email all day changing settings. I can send emails in my Cpanel email. Just not through Zencart.

Here are my email settings.

E-Mail Transport Method PHP
    Send E-Mails true Info
    E-Mail Linefeeds LF Info
    Enable HTML Emails? true Info
    Email Archiving Active? false Info
    E-Mail Friendly-Errors true Info
    Email Address (Displayed to Contact you) [email protected] Info
    Email Address (sent FROM) [email protected] Info
    Emails must send from known domain? No Info
    Email Admin Format? HTML Info
    Send Copy of Order Confirmation Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Copy of Create Account Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Copy of Create Account Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Copy of Customer GV Send Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Copy of Customer GV Send Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Copy of Admin GV Mail Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Copy of Customer Admin GV Mail Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Copy of Admin Discount Coupon Mail Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Copy of Customer Admin Discount Coupon Mail Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Copy of Admin Orders Status Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Copy of Admin Orders Status Emails To [email protected] Info
    Send Notice of Pending Reviews Emails To - Status 0 Info
    Send Notice of Pending Reviews Emails To [email protected] Info
    Set "Contact Us" Email Dropdown List [email protected] Info
    Contact Us - Show Store Name and Address 1 Info
    Send Low Stock Emails 0 Info
    Send Low Stock Emails To Info
    Display "Newsletter Unsubscribe" Link? true Info
    Audience-Select Count Display false
    SMTP Email Account Mailbox [email protected] Info
    SMTP Email Account Password **************** Info
    SMTP Email Mail Host mail.vintagenestdesigns.com Info
    SMTP Email Mail Server Port 465 Info
    Convert currencies for Text emails £,£:€,€:®,®:&tra...

I looked at logs and I clearly cannot fix or really understand how to fix issues here:

[27-Jul-2020 18:11:29 UTC] Request URI: /aqcwyqjxnknjoiu7/index.php?cmd=mail, IP address: 108.90.84.200
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/home/r2hbvxxqnzjq/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:170]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/r2hbvxxqnzjq/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:142]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/r2hbvxxqnzjq/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:269]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/r2hbvxxqnzjq/public_html/includes/functions/audience.php:40]
    #5 get_audiences_list() called at [/home/r2hbvxxqnzjq/public_html/aqcwyqjxnknjoiu7/mail.php:278]
    #6 require(/home/r2hbvxxqnzjq/public_html/aqcwyqjxnknjoiu7/mail.php) called at [/home/r2hbvxxqnzjq/public_html/aqcwyqjxnknjoiu7/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1146:Table 'i6879616_zc1.zc_TABLE_CUSTOMERS' doesn't exist :: SELECT DISTINCT c.customers_email_address as customers_email_address, c.customers_lastname as customers_lastname, c.customers_firstname as customers_firstname FROM zc_TABLE_CUSTOMERS c LEFT JOIN zc_orders o ON c.customers_id=o.customers_id WHERE o.date_purchased IS NULL ==> (as called by) /home/r2hbvxxqnzjq/public_html/includes/functions/audience.php on line 40 <== in /home/r2hbvxxqnzjq/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 170.

Mods installed:
    Ckeditor
    Google Analytics
    Social Media Icons
    Image Handler

Thanks for any help.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cannot emails or newsletters. I want to pull my hair out!

Quote Originally Posted by travel1241 View Post
    PHP Fatal error: 1146:Table ... 'zc_TABLE_CUSTOMERS' doesn't exist
    Zen Cart defines 'TABLE_CUSTOMERS' automatically in /includes/database_tables.php ... which is a file you should never touch.
    In that file it adds the DB_PREFIX to the beginning of the intended actual database table name.
    In the vast majority of stores it uses the (recommended) prefix of nothing, ie: blank. The DB_PREFIX is normally set in your /includes/configure.php file (and /admin/includes/configure.php )
    In the case of using the Newsletter emailer and Email Many Customers screen, it reads some predefined customer segments from the query_builder database table and finds the TABLE_CUSTOMERS word and replaces it with the actual defined value of TABLE_CUSTOMERS.
    But it appears someone has altered the queries in your query_builder table and added the "zc_" prefix to the tablenames, thus breaking the ability for it to do what it's intended to do.

Summary: fix the queries in the query_builder table, along with avoiding whatever caused those to be changed in the first place.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you DrByte.

It may be beyond me to fix those issues. I am in my database now and I do see the structure tree with zc_ in front of files. I do know I automatically installed zc through my host. After much reading, I see it is better to download zc files and run through the installer. I' thinking some files were not installed through the host as I am having a few issues besides the email. (Sidebox Information files and I cannot define a few pages.)

A little late now, I have built my site and do not want to loose many settings and files. I will try to fix the current issue. Going forward, I do not know or see where the query_builder table is. Unless, that is the structure tree I see with zc_ in front of those files is that actual query_builder table.

Thank you much.

Plugin Contributions

Okay, I figured out what the query_builder table is. Shouldn't I remove the zc_ before each of the file names in the tree or just rename the whole db name? Sorry if I seem ignorant, the db is unknown territory for me. I have seen if a few times, but to change anything in it is quite intimidating.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by travel1241 View Post
    It may be beyond me to fix those issues. I am in my database now and I do see the structure tree with zc_ in front of files. I do know I automatically installed zc through my host. After much reading, I see it is better to download zc files and run through the installer. I' thinking some files were not installed through the host as I am having a few issues besides the email. (Sidebox Information files and I cannot define a few pages.)
    Those auto-installs are notorious for their failures; better to follow the Zen Cart documentation: https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first..._do_i_install/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Those auto-installs are notorious for their failures; better to follow the Zen Cart documentation: https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/first..._do_i_install/
    Thank you. I will do a fresh install.

:)Lori