Thread: Guest Checkout?

Plugin Contributions

Default Guest Checkout?

I see in the code that there is a check for guest checkout (function zen_in_guest_checkout). How is this enabled?

On my 1.5.7 demo site, I just see the standard checkout (returning customer or new customer form).
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Guest Checkout?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_Mash View Post
    I see in the code that there is a check for guest checkout (function zen_in_guest_checkout). How is this enabled?

On my 1.5.7 demo site, I just see the standard checkout (returning customer or new customer form).
    That function has been added to the code to support other programs that offer guest checkout. It doesn't necessarily make it so that the store offers guest checkout.

There are a few plugins that offer guest checkout though they may not all use that function (yet). I believe the latest program to support guest checkout is One Page Checkout. There are others that have been around for a while and have had routine updates. I'm not sure of their status though: Numinix Fast and Easy Checkout, checkout without an account, checkout without any account all come to mind.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Recommend OPC (One Page Checkout) plugin: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2095

Plugin Contributions

Thanks guys. Yeah, I was aware of the other plugins........in fact, I was looking to install one. But then I saw that function in the base Zen-Cart code, and thought to myself, "I don't want to add unnecessary plugins if the feature I want is already built into the software."

Looks like I'm going to have to install a separate plugin regardless now. Thanks for getting back to me and confirming the reason for that code being in there. Ultimately, I think it would be nice for future versions of ZC to offer this "guest checkout" feature, especially if they are inserting the functions into the code to support it.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

When you see all the operations involved in this, you'll understand that just "dropping in" guest checkout has been over four years in the making.

File changes in the core of ZC are probably the reason the file had to be added to 1.5.7. Easier to do that than having multiple version differences. This ensures that 1.5.6 upgrades will go smoothly.

Plugin Contributions

Hello. For what it's worth, i have many customers who want a guest checkout as they do not want to spend the time creating the account or believe that there is less information stored on them by choosing "guest" checkout. I too am looking for a plugin to accomplish this

Plugin Contributions

You only need to read the thread to find several, but mine is already in thread #3