Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade from 1.5.5 to 1.5.7 fails

I have done several upgrades to 1.5.7, but this latest one is yanking my chain a little bit. After I pull over the old database, it gives me an error saying "Could not update to version 1.5.7. We detect that you currently have v1.5.5, and must perform the updates to get to version 1.5.6 first.", yet right up above that it says "Upgrade to version 1.5.6 completed."

I received 3 different log files and they all show everything passed except for a few something like the following:
    HTML Code:
    Aug 25 2020 17:20 -- checkIniGet
    FAILED
    (
        [inigetName] => output_buffering
        [expectedValue] => 1
    )
    Any ideas? THANKS!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade from 1.5.5 to 1.5.7 fails

I'm guessing your database has had some alterations made to it that the zc_install system checks aren't compatible with.
    Here's the list of things it's checking for in 155 and 156 as reasonable indicators that the upgrade has been applied for those versions:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b....yml#L264-L310
    If you've altered the schema of those checks, you'll need to either update that yml file temporarily so it matches what's in your db, or remove that check from the yml file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    I'm guessing your database has had some alterations made to it that the zc_install system checks aren't compatible with.
    Here's the list of things it's checking for in 155 and 156 as reasonable indicators that the upgrade has been applied for those versions:
    https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b....yml#L264-L310
    If you've altered the schema of those checks, you'll need to either update that yml file temporarily so it matches what's in your db, or remove that check from the yml file.
    Thats weird because it is an almost vanilla site with backup mysql database and sales report installed.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

For the record, this

Code:
    VALUES ('categoriesProductListing', 'BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS', 'FILENAME_CATEGORY_PRODUCT_LISTING', '', 'catalog', 'Y', 1);  1062: Duplicate entry 'categoriesProductListing' for key 'page_key'
    was the issue. Once cleaned up install ran w/o issue.
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

So I fixed Judy's easy by changing the sort order and it ran. Now I have one, same thing and I cannot resolve it. I even downloaded 1.5.6c and ran zc_install successfully... then run 1.5.7 install and it tells me the version is still 1.5.5 and stops like below

Name:  Screenshot_2020-08-26 Zen Cart® Installer.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  30.7 KB

Not really sure what to do here, the error is the same

Code:
    VALUES ('categoriesProductListing', 'BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS', 'FILENAME_CATEGORY_PRODUCT_LISTING', '', 'catalog', 'Y', 1);  1062: Duplicate entry 'categoriesProductListing' for key 'page_key'
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    So I fixed Judy's easy by changing the sort order and it ran. Now I have one, same thing and I cannot resolve it. I even downloaded 1.5.6c and ran zc_install successfully... then run 1.5.7 install and it tells me the version is still 1.5.5 and stops like below

Name:  Screenshot_2020-08-26 Zen Cart® Installer.jpg
Views: 326
Size:  30.7 KB

Not really sure what to do here, the error is the same

Code:
    Hi
    Have you resolved this? What was the solution tried?
    I had been trying to upgrade the db and getting stuck with this message.
    Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Take a look at this and see if it helps:

https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra...d_not_upgrade/
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Also, check the site's /logs sub-directory to see if there are any zcInstall*.log files. The most recent one might (??) have an indication of what the root cause of the message is.

Plugin Contributions

In a previous case similar to yours, the problem was three-fold. All in the old database.

Make sure the admin table's admin_pass AND the customers table's customers_password are both set to varchar 255
    Make sure there are no remaining dates using the old 0000-00-00 00:00:00 format. More on that and the location of a file to use at https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgra...andardization/

Plugin Contributions

Hi
    Thank you for the quick response. I have updated the date and checked for any customised record. It didnt resolve this issue still.

The log files shows two errors as follows :

[10-Apr-2022 01:58:14 Europe/Berlin] MySQL error 1062 encountered during zc_install:
    Duplicate entry 'categoriesProductListing' for key 'page_key'
    VALUES ('categoriesProductListing', 'BOX_CATALOG_CATEGORIES_PRODUCTS', 'FILENAME_CATEGORY_PRODUCT_LISTING', '', 'catalog', 'Y', 1);
    ---------------

[10-Apr-2022 01:58:14 Europe/Berlin] MySQL error 1054 encountered during zc_install:
    Unknown column 'e.pages_title' in 'field list'
    LEFT JOIN languages l ON 1;
    ---------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast