Plugin Contributions

Default problem with emailed order status updates foot link of company name showing the admin

hi.

i have a problem, when i email a status order update, the part of the email at the bottom

Your order has been updated to the following status:
    New status: PROCESSING
    Please reply to this email if you have any questions.
    [company name]
    copyright (c) 2020 [company name] <<< this part shows the company name but the link goes to my admin back end.

i checked the template in /email/email_template_order_status.html and the code is right

<!-- Footer Section -->
    <div class="footer">
    <div class="copyright">$EMAIL_FOOTER_COPYRIGHT</div>
    </div>

where am i missing to correct this? thanks.

v1.5.4

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: problem with emailed order status updates foot link of company name showing the a

Check - YOUR_ADMIN/includes/languages/english/email_extras.php where that link originates:

define('EMAIL_FOOTER_COPYRIGHT','Copyright (c) ' . date('Y') . ' <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '" target="_blank">' . STORE_NAME . '</a>');
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: problem with emailed order status updates foot link of company name showing the a

Quote Originally Posted by twitchtoo View Post
    Check - YOUR_ADMIN/includes/languages/english/email_extras.php where that link originates:

define('EMAIL_FOOTER_COPYRIGHT','Copyright (c) ' . date('Y') . ' <a href="' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT) . '" target="_blank">' . STORE_NAME . '</a>');
    thank you for your reply. that is what exactly i have. so i do not know why it is linking to the back end. the welcome email and cc'd of orders do not show the back end link at the footer, only these order status updates.

Plugin Contributions

I would then trace FILENAME_DEFAULT and STORE_NAME values then check if there's a module that bridged the two or if something was missing/overwritten starting at the email_extras in admin and reviewing what's going on in the live site/override system email_extras.php.

Email me if you'd like me to have a quick look.
    Twitch.
    https://www.twitchtoo.com Do you work for free? Please donate.
    Twitch Base8 - Obsidian - This, is what's new.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by travbacon View Post
    thank you for your reply. that is what exactly i have. so i do not know why it is linking to the back end. the welcome email and cc'd of orders do not show the back end link at the footer, only these order status updates.
    ... and that would be the issue. During admin processing, the function zen_href_link creates an admin-based link. That line should be changed (on the admin-side only) to use the zen_catalog_href_link function instead.

Plugin Contributions

Hi. I created another thread just yesterday and did a search on my posts and sorry, I JUST saw your reply from last year. Can you still help? Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by travbacon View Post
    Hi. I created another thread just yesterday and did a search on my posts and sorry, I JUST saw your reply from last year. Can you still help? Thanks
    The suggestion in my previous post from 2020 still stands. You've apparently modified the /admin/includes/languages/english/email_extras.php to include the site's link, but you need to use the correct version of the zen_{catalog_}href_link function so that the link's generated for the storefront rather than the admin.