Thread: 157 Questions

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default 157 Questions

Zen Cart 1.5.7
    MySQL 5.6.36-82
    PHP 7.4.4

1. "Whoops! Your session has expired ... Please update your shopping cart for Shipping Quote ..."
    Update button does not in fact resolve this, you must leave the page and come back. Is there a way to disable this?

2. I cloned the responsive_classic classic template and renamed it, but developer toolkit does NOT find any of my new template files. Man, it's tough without this feature.

3. I'm sure this is a server setting, but I cannot run SQL patches, nor update defined pages inside the admin tolls for each. Clue to which setting would be awesome =)

Thanks in advance.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 157 Questions

Heads up, when

1. "Whoops! Your session has expired ... Please update your shopping cart for Shipping Quote ..."

happens, by default the header shopping cart link is NOT displayed on refresh to direct them back either.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Heads up, when

happens, by default the header shopping cart link is NOT displayed on refresh to direct them back either.

~Melanie
    it can be issue with cookie settings or even /tmp folder path is incorrect as zen-cart can store sessions in files.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by web-project View Post
    it can be issue with cookie settings or even /tmp folder path is incorrect as zen-cart can store sessions in files.
    Not sure, because it's commented out in configure and it is caching to the DB

// define('DIR_FS_SQL_CACHE'

It's a working server, the only change is 1.5.7 & PHP 7.4. So I'm guessing it's a PHP mod_ or setting, but I don't know which

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Heads up, when

Yes, the message-stack shows only on the first load of the page after the error is triggered. Subsequent refreshes of the page will not show the message. This is normal and expected behavior for message-stack alerts that appear when redirected to another page after the condition which triggered it occurs.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Update button does not in fact resolve this, you must leave the page and come back. Is there a way to disable this?
    Please explain more of the workflow that is causing this in the first place. How to replicate it starting from a new v1.5.7 install, using Demo products. What addons and configuration setting changes are necessary in order to recreate this symptom?

2. I cloned the responsive_classic classic template and renamed it, but developer toolkit does NOT find any of my new template files. Man, it's tough without this feature.
    I'm not sure why the Developer Toolkit wouldn't find the files.
    But of course, a local text editor is even more valuable than the Developer Toolkit when you're actually working on edits, both because you can search all local files and also edit them before uploading the changes.

3. I'm sure this is a server setting, but I cannot run SQL patches, nor update defined pages inside the admin tolls for each. Clue to which setting would be awesome =)
    Sounds like maybe your server's mod_security is blocking the execution of SQL statements. Either fix your server's mod_security rules, or use phpMyAdmin/etc instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Regarding the define pages problem, can you be more descriptive about not being able to update define pages within the admin tools?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Please explain more of the workflow that is causing this in the first place. How to replicate it starting from a new v1.5.7 install, using Demo products. What addons and configuration setting changes are necessary in order to recreate this symptom?
    Today I can't reproduce it... Not sure what exact sequence of events caused it.

I'm not sure why the Developer Toolkit wouldn't find the files.
    But of course, a local text editor is even more valuable than the Developer Toolkit when you're actually working on edits, both because you can search all local files and also edit them before uploading the changes.
    I'm not sure either, but it sucks. While a text editor is nice, most of the time I need to locate a language define I do not have all of the site's files downloaded or in a repo as it's a quick one time thing.

Sounds like maybe your server's mod_security is blocking the execution of SQL statements. Either fix your server's mod_security rules, or use phpMyAdmin/etc instead.
    While I suppose it could be, and I will investigate it... It seems strange that all the other Zen Cart versions on the server can use this function.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Regarding the define pages problem, can you be more descriptive about not being able to update define pages within the admin tools?
    1. Edit any defined page (plain text no editor is installed)
    2. Save, no error message is displayed
    3. Open same defined page, edits were not saved
    4. Check logs... none
    5. Check permissions as /includes/languages/english/html_includes/template_name (ALL 755) just like all of the other Zen Cart which are NOT ZC1.57/PHP7.4 hosted on the server which are working

Plugin Contributions

While I suppose it could be, and I will investigate it... It seems strange that all the other Zen Cart versions on the server can use this function.
    I repaired the upgraded database even though NO errors were found when I checked and now it works.

This is one of the database upgrades that stopped over and over again at 1.5.6, from a different thread.

~Melanie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast