Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: payer auth verifier causes session timeout error

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Create a file named /includes/extra_configures/samesite_cookie.php containing
    Code:
    <?php
    // -----
    // Samesite cookie needs to be none since the payment method uses iframes.
    //
    define('COOKIE_SAMESITE', 'none');
    Hi lat9,

Many thanks! I've tested the suggested code & my test order worked :) As this is a such a serious bug, can I ask that this information is included in the official 1.5.7 bug thread? To confirm the change that worked for me is the samesite_cookie.php file. In addition, I've kept the changes by Dr Byte as per https://github.com/zencart/zencart/pull/3802/files.

Many thanks for your help! Edith
    Last edited by terraGirl; 21 Sep 2020 at 09:37 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Addendum: Looking at the logs, the PHP warning persists, but payment / checkout now works. For both successful payments I tested today, I got corresponding entries in the logs with my IP address:

Code:
    [21-Sep-2020 08:30:17 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=payer_auth_verifier, IP address: 90.XXXX
    #1  session_id() called at [/home/USER/public_html/includes/modules/pages/payer_auth_verifier/header_php.php:55]
    #2  require(/home/USER/public_html/includes/modules/pages/payer_auth_verifier/header_php.php) called at [/home/USER/public_html/index.php:35]
    --> PHP Warning: session_id(): Cannot change session id when session is active in /home/USER/public_html/includes/modules/pages/payer_auth_verifier/header_php.php on line 55.
    This seems to imply that the PHP warning about sessions was not the root cause for the failed checkout payments. Failed payments was fixed by the samesite cookie file for my site; whereas the session warnings persist. But as these warnings do not appear to have any impact on checkout / payments, I'm going to ignore them for now. Only adding this for other users with the same issue to say that the session warning is a red herring as far as failed payments go.
    Last edited by terraGirl; 21 Sep 2020 at 09:56 AM.

Plugin Contributions

I'm still noticing some time_out issues during checkout.

I'm not convinced this is 100% fixed.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalShadow View Post
    I'm still noticing some time_out issues during checkout.

I'm not convinced this is 100% fixed.
    I am also not convinced, that the problem is fixed. Also getting time_outs from time to time.

My problem was in this treat: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....87#post1372487

Plugin Contributions

I am getting this error after upgrading to 1.57a , never had this error until then. Tried normal checkout and custom checkout, paypal seems fine, but using UK paypal express card checkout it log you out and you get an error like this below (shortened version below) just where it normally connects to bank:-

We are sorry, but your login session has expired. Your shopping selections have been saved
    I tried the 1.58 sessions file but seems to be the same. I was careful with merges when upgrading, everything else seems to be working just this sessions and cards thing.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by HeathenMagic View Post
    I am getting this error after upgrading to 1.57a , never had this error until then. Tried normal checkout and custom checkout, paypal seems fine, but using UK paypal express card checkout it log you out and you get an error like this below (shortened version below) just where it normally connects to bank:-

I tried the 1.58 sessions file but seems to be the same. I was careful with merges when upgrading, everything else seems to be working just this sessions and cards thing.

I think I sorted it, need to test more but getting success on payer auth frame so far. I tried Lat9 suggest in post #40 and the 1.58 init_sessions.php version suggested by Dr Byte. Might help somebody else using 1.57a if they have same setup using UK paypal card payment module.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345