Plugin Contributions

Default Adding hover to siteseal to be in compliance with accessibility guidelines

I'm working on my upgrade to V157 using the responsive classic template. How do I add a hover that reads "Network Solutions Site Seal" to my siteseal so that it is compliant with the accessibility guidelines? Here is the current code:

<!--SiteSeal Html Builder Code:
    Shows the logo at URL https://seal.networksolutions.com/im...olsiteseal.png
    Logo type is ("NETSB")

//-->

<script language="JavaScript" src="https://seal.networksolutions.com/siteseal/javascript/siteseal.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript"> SiteSeal("https://seal.networksolutions.com/images/netsolsiteseal.png", "NETSB", "none");</script>

Thank you

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding hover to siteseal to be in compliance with accessibility guidelines

Short answer: you can't.

Long answer: you could "try" to ask netsol to update their snippet to also output an ALT tag, but they probably won't.

Many would say it's a relatively low-priority change to make. Worst case, to be considerate of users who depend on ALT tags, you could display the widget in the footer or in the right-sidebar so that all your regular page-content that people "will" use comes first ... that way it will be out of the user's normal flow and therefore its lack of an ALT tag won't be much inconvenience to the person actually using your site for its intended purpose.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding hover to siteseal to be in compliance with accessibility guidelines

You might be confusing hover with alt tag. In accessibility, all the hover is worried about is that the content is still visible when you hover over it.

The alt tag tells the "reader about the content represented by an image, icon, etc. Even though the alt tag is not generally visible until the hover action, it's not the hover itself that satisfies the accessibility requirement.

Plugin Contributions

You are correct, it is the alt tag that I'm looking for. I tried the help at Network Solutions first before posting here. They had no solution.

Plugin Contributions

Oh, it is in the sidebar on the website.