Thread: upgrading MySQL

Plugin Contributions

Default upgrading MySQL

My hosting account uses MySQL 5.5 and was giving a warning this was coming to End of Life and I should upgrade and click a button to do this. Once I did this all my ZenCart stores (irishshopper.com, irishteatowels.com, rmstitanic100.com) went down.

Some showed a 500 error others showed the home page OK but all the products were missing.

Had to revert back to 5.5 and all appears well.

Has anyone else experienced this ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: upgrading MySQL

Can't say that have experienced the "loss" described, but should be able to review the logs directory to identify what issue(s) were generated as a result of the database problem.

There are a few things that likely need to be "adjusted" to ensure data meets the expectations/requirements of the newer version. Whether that is done before or after the upgrade depends on the issue(s) reported in that "momentary" upgrade. Some of those things are addressed in newer ZC versions.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Can't say that have experienced the "loss" described, but should be able to review the logs directory to identify what issue(s) were generated as a result of the database problem.

There are a few things that likely need to be "adjusted" to ensure data meets the expectations/requirements of the newer version. Whether that is done before or after the upgrade depends on the issue(s) reported in that "momentary" upgrade. Some of those things are addressed in newer ZC versions.
    I remember when we did that upgrade the database users had to be changed. We created new users and updated the configurations files accordingly.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by irishshoppercom View Post
    Some showed a 500 error others showed the home page OK but all the products were missing.
    the errors can be in PHP and nothing do with MySQL, the structure of quires is the same. Need to debug store code to see the issue.
    - Freelance Software Developer

Plugin Contributions

@irishshoppercom, check your /logs directory for debug-logs; they'll 'tell' you what's going on.