Plugin Contributions

Default Change Qty value from '0'

This isn't a bug, it's a 'how to' question.

I thought this would be pretty straightforward, yet I've been futzing around with the product price settings and can't figure this one out. And, I haven't been able to find a thread with a similar question.

Please look at the attached pdf. I simply want to change the value from zero to 25. Where/how do I do that?

Server OS: Linux 3.12.18-clouder0
    HTTP Server: Apache/2.4.39 (Unix) mod_hive/6.27 OpenSSL/1.0.1e-fips mod_fastcgi/2.4.6
    PHP Version: 7.4.4 (Zend: 3.4.0)
    Database Engine: MySQL 5.6.36-82.1-log

Thanks in advance,

GeneClick image for larger version. 

Name:	Quantity-to-25.jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	51.4 KB 
ID:	19214

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Change Qty value from '0'

When you set up the product, did you specify the minimum there?

Attachment 19215

Plugin Contributions

What about the units value and are you using any sort of "automated" process to update data?

As far as where these characteristics are set, they would be in the admin, catalog, find the product to be edited and then edit that product...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I did. My current settings:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quantity-to-25b.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	19219

I suspected the issue was there somewhere, but whatever changes I make don't have the desired impace.

Gene

Plugin Contributions

This is a manual setup. I'm using the standard attributes screen in the product setup.

Thanks,

Gene

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Emedia View Post
    This is a manual setup. I'm using the standard attributes screen in the product setup.

Thanks,

Gene
    If you set the Qty Minimum to 25 and Qty Units to 25, What do you get? I get a starting quantity of 25 on my template, but I also have a min/max setting for my Qty spinner.
    Document page on Product Units for more on this..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	units.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	19220
    Dave
    Always forward thinking... Lost my mind!

Plugin Contributions

I should clarify that this issue occurs on the All Products listing page. When you click on the actual individual product, you'll see 25 in the QTY box. However, in its current state, it is showing '0' on the All Products Listing page. So, we're having an issue with it not being very intuitive for a user to just enter a QTY there and press their respective 'Enter/Go' key, which will work. Just not intuitive to do this at all.

Thanks,

Gene

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Emedia View Post
    I should clarify that this issue occurs on the All Products listing page. When you click on the actual individual product, you'll see 25 in the QTY box. However, in its current state, it is showing '0' on the All Products Listing page. So, we're having an issue with it not being very intuitive for a user to just enter a QTY there and press their respective 'Enter/Go' key, which will work. Just not intuitive to do this at all.

Thanks,

Gene
    Ughh.. "Correcting" this reveals a number of unusual issues...

So, the area where this issue appears is where it is possible, generally speaking, to add multiple *different* product at once because, well more than one product is displayed and each is being presented with a quantity box to allow populating the field with the quantity to be added to the cart... From the description though, it sounds like you want to support adding a product to the cart for only the product to be "selected". This requires a slightly different configuration. I hope not to be too confusing, but I expect some.

It would seem that currently your setup in admin->configuration->product listing->Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location is set to something other than 0 which depending on the setting causes a button to be displayed at the top, bottom or both for adding the button "Add Selected to Cart" to be displayed. If, as requested, every product was populated with the minimum necessary to support purchase and that button was selected, then EVERY product on the page would be added to the cart in the minimum quantity necessary to support purchase. To *not* have that happen, the customer would have to go to each and every "other" product and set the value to 0 or when at the shopping cart would have to remove the undesired product. Both of those is not very customer friendly.

If however, that "button" was turned off (setting admin->configuration->product Listing->Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location is set to 0, then only the product quantity associated with each product would be related to the listing.

That said though, then comes the issue of whether you want to allow them to modify that quantity while looking at such a listing of product. Because, if
    admin->configuration->product Listing->Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product)
    is set to 1 (on), then the customer is presented with a "buy now" button which is intended to provide the minimum quantity necessary to support check out as quickly as possible... If this setting is instead changed to 2 (on with Qty Box per Product) then the same "buy now" quantity is associated with each product, but it is also possible at that point to modify the quantity to be added.

The net result of this though is that a customer would need to "click" on each add-to-cart button for each product to be added at the quantity either provided by default or as modified by the customer... I.e. if a customer were to want multiple product from the page to be added to the cart, they would need to go to each product's button to add it to the cart, instead of populating the quantity of each product and then clicking that previous "Add Selected to Cart" button.

So, without providing additional guidance/direction to the customer, to obtain the identified desired minimum quantity to be pre-populated, set/verify set:
    admin->configuration->product listing->Display Multiple Products Qty Box Status and Set Button Location

and
    admin->configuration->product Listing->Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product)

Otherwise, there is some "hoops" one can jump through to support identifying each desired product to have a "buy now" button, but if the minimum quantity is not 1, then need to incorporate some code to force the quantity to be added while viewing the product page to actually be the "buy now" quantity, otherwise a customer must individually return to the product page to add 1 product quantity at a time until at least the minimum is reached or to return to the product listing and select the buy now button, or.. or.. or... *This* "problem" appears when the product is setup to not show the product quantity box. To carry the issue further, because the product quantity box is not displayed, it does not appear while looking at the product information page and it also does not appear on the shopping cart.... Even if the customer can not check out until some minimum/maximum/unit requirement must be met. Again, additional code required to address this happenstance. :/

But, again see the above blue text to achieve what it seems is desired.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...