Plugin Contributions

Default Fatal error: 1267:Illegal mix of collations

When I copied the files from v157 test site to my current site, I got the following error on the admin page (it does not appear on the admin page for the test site):

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.If you were entering information, press the BACK button in your browser and re-check the information you had entered to be sure you left no blank fields.

A check of the error log gives:

[24-Sep-2020 13:18:43 America/Boise] Request URI: /admin/, IP address: 50.49.199.232
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/home1/pazdarwi/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:170]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home1/pazdarwi/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:142]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home1/pazdarwi/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:269]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home1/pazdarwi/public_html/admin/includes/classes/WhosOnline.php:132]
    #5 WhosOnline->retrieve() called at [/home1/pazdarwi/public_html/admin/includes/classes/WhosOnline.php:213]
    #6 WhosOnline->getStats() called at [/home1/pazdarwi/public_html/admin/includes/modules/dashboard_widgets/WhosOnlineDashboardWidget.php:15]
    #7 include(/home1/pazdarwi/public_html/admin/includes/modules/dashboard_widgets/WhosOnlineDashboardWidget.php) called at [/home1/pazdarwi/public_html/admin/index_dashboard.php:62]
    #8 require(/home1/pazdarwi/public_html/admin/index_dashboard.php) called at [/home1/pazdarwi/public_html/admin/home.php:25]
    #9 require(/home1/pazdarwi/public_html/admin/home.php) called at [/home1/pazdarwi/public_html/admin/index.php:11]
    --> PHP Fatal error: 1267:Illegal mix of collations (latin1_general_ci,IMPLICIT) and (latin1_swedish_ci,IMPLICIT) for operation '=' :: SELECT customer_id, full_name, ip_address, time_entry, time_last_click, last_page_url, session_id, host_address, user_agent, s.value as session_data
    FROM zen_whos_online w
    LEFT OUTER JOIN zen_sessions s ON (s.sesskey = w.session_id)
    WHERE ip_address != '' AND ip_address NOT IN ('your','IP','(ADMIN)','184.9.94.48','184.12.51.9','50.49.199.232','50.49.199.23 2')
    ORDER BY time_entry, LPAD(ip_address,11,'0') ==> (as called by) /home1/pazdarwi/public_html/kkdt/includes/classes/WhosOnline.php on line 132 <== in /home1/pazdarwi/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 170.

Please note my admin site has a different name, I just changed in the error message for security.

It is currently being run with: PHP Version: 5.6.40 (Zend: 2.6.0). This will be changed sometime in the next week or two.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fatal error: 1267:Illegal mix of collations

The SQL error is showing that you have latin1_swedish_ci and latin1_general_ci collations intermixed in your database tables.

One way to clean up the inconsistency is to use the utility I posted here: https://github.com/zencart/utf8mb4-converter

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you,

I followed the steps up to "c". How do I access the file from my browser?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pazdar View Post
    I followed the steps up to "c". How do I access the file from my browser?
    Go to https://your_site.com/the_name_of_the_file_here.php in your browser.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I tried it with both my test site and current site, doesn't start. Maybe I have the settings wrong in the php file. What should the $host contain?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by pazdar View Post
    I tried it with both my test site and current site, doesn't start. Maybe I have the settings wrong in the php file. What should the $host contain?
    $host should probably be 'localhost'.

$username = 'your_database_username_here'; // same as DB_SERVER_USERNAME in configure.php
    $password = 'your_database_password_here'; // same as DB_SERVER_PASSWORD in configure.php
    $db = 'your_database_name_here'; // same as DB_DATABASE in configure.php
    $host = 'localhost'; // same as DB_SERVER in configure.php
    $prefix = ''; // same as DB_PREFIX in configure.php

Plugin Contributions

Thank you

That worked for the admin page. I was making a simple typo when trying to run the php file. Since most items use an underline, I kept typing in the filename as "utf8mb4_conversion" instead of "utf8mb4-conversion".