Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Fatal error: 1146:Table plugin_control' doesn't exist

I figured out my issue. In turned out when I uploaded(sftp) the zc_install folder it set the permission wrong on the files/folders. Therefore I got the 500 Internal error do to file permissions being wrong.

Issue resolved now.

thanks, Mark.

Plugin Contributions

I'm having a very similar issue to that described in the original post of this thread. I am upgrading a shop from 1.5.6c to 1.5.7b

I did a clean install with test data and that was fine. Then I proceeded on the step of making a copy of the live store data and changing the config files to that DB. I expected to be prompted to upgrade the database by running zc_install. But instead I'm getting the same error about missing plug_in table in the log files.

I'm assuming some folks have solved this. Is the solution to first upgrade to an earlier version? If so, which version? Would it be possible to just add the missing plug_in tables? I have quite a few mods to make and I'd hate to have to re-do the hours of work I already did on 1.5.7b and do it all again on an earlier version.

Any advice? I read through this thread a couple of times I couldn't quite pick out what solved the issue the original poster reported.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    I'm having a very similar issue to that described in the original post of this thread. I am upgrading a shop from 1.5.6c to 1.5.7b

I did a clean install with test data and that was fine. Then I proceeded on the step of making a copy of the live store data and changing the config files to that DB. I expected to be prompted to upgrade the database by running zc_install. But instead I'm getting the same error about missing plug_in table in the log files.

I'm assuming some folks have solved this. Is the solution to first upgrade to an earlier version? If so, which version? Would it be possible to just add the missing plug_in tables? I have quite a few mods to make and I'd hate to have to re-do the hours of work I already did on 1.5.7b and do it all again on an earlier version.

Any advice? I read through this thread a couple of times I couldn't quite pick out what solved the issue the original poster reported.
    i see no need to re-do all of your hours of work.

using your favorite db admin tool, i would look over and execute the SQL statements in the following section of code:

https://github.com/zencart/zencart/b....sql#L261-L356

best.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

and maybe inspect your /logs directory for errors logged by zcInstall during the upgrade
    and check your database's upgrade_exceptions table to find out what statements failed

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks Dr. Byte. Once I replace the database in the config file, I never get to the install/upgrade. I just get an error on the screen which is why I checked into the log files. I will try running the SQL statements mentioned by carlwhat.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for pointing me to this. I ran those SQL statements (adding my table prefix) and then tried the install again and now I was able to successfully update the database.
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by earmsby View Post
    Thank you very much for pointing me to this. I ran those SQL statements (adding my table prefix) and then tried the install again and now I was able to successfully update the database.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

I just ran into this on a site using Ceon URI Mappings where the zc_install directory wasn't included in the "don't redirect" section of the site's .htaccess file.

Adding the following clause to the Ceon URI Mappings section of that .htaccess corrected the issue:
    Code:
    # Don't rewrite zc_install directory
    RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/zc_install/ [NC]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12