Plugin Contributions

Default How to get the shopping cart open the numeric keypad on mobile when changing quantity

I managed to change the input type="text" to "number" on the product page and category listing, so that - only on mobile- it automatically opens a numeric keypad when changing the quantity.

But I do not succeed to change it on the shopping cart. I got as far as fiddling with line 148 on includes/modules/pages/shopping_cart/header_php.php, but I can not get it right.

Line 148:
    $quantityField = zen_draw_input_field('cart_quantity[]', $products[$i]['quantity'], 'size="4" class="cart_input_'.$products[$i]['id'].'"');

Anyone knows the proper way to achieve it?

Any help highly apreciated!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to get the shopping cart open the numeric keypad on mobile when changing quan

Note: Be aware that not all devices support all the options, so even adding markup hints for it doesn't guarantee the device will do what you hoped.

Two options exist:
    1. use "inputmode" instead of "type".
    This is simpler, since it can be done for "just this page".
    Code:
    size="4" inputmode="numeric" class="cart_input_
    or instead of "numeric" you could use "decimal" if you support fractional quantities.

2. To use 'type="number"' requires changing the zen_draw_input_field() function, which affects EVERYWHERE any input field is provided.
    And since Zen Cart supports fractional quantities, and each product can be set to require varying increments of decimals and/or whole-numbers, setting type="number" would be problematic since it only supports integers and therefore the function would also require calculating the correct intervals to add additional values to the type parameters. Thus I'd suggest not using type="number".

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How to get the shopping cart open the numeric keypad on mobile when changing quan

Thanks, I will try the first option.

I found the zen_draw_input_field() function in the html_output.php, but was hesistant to make changes there, understanding changes there had a sitewide impact.

Plugin Contributions

Great, first options works fine!
    Thanks for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Note that moving forwards, some sort of "off-line" version of your site should be where things are tried. Once identified as successful, the changes can be quickly duplicated on your live site. Best part? You can make mistakes and not miss out on that sale happening while trying to fix a mistake.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Noted!
    I always fiddle around in a test shop, before applying fixes in the live shop.
    And as always a wise thing to do is: back up, back up, back up!