Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module [Support Thread]

Hello everyone.

Quick question. Is it possible to shorten the names of the shipping options to a more manageable size? The one I'm looking at shortening specifically is first class, which appears as - USPS (First-Class Package Service - Retail™ (2-5 b-days)). Because it's so long it messes up everything in the shopping cart when selected, especially on mobile. I shortened things as much as possible by eliminating the spaces in between 2 and 5 (2 - 5) and changing business days to b-days among other minor changes, but it's still ridiculously long. Ideally for the purpose of displaying the options to the customer First Class™ would suffice. Customers don't need that specific description of the service.

Thanks for the help!

Plugin Contributions

v1.5.7c, USPS United States Postal Service - Version: 2021-05-05 K11a
    Domestic shipping to U.S. works fine, as does international shipping to Canada and U.K., however, Australia and New Zealand does not work.
    To demonstrate the issue, go to henriettashandbags.com, add any product to the shopping cart. From the shopping cart, scroll down to Shipping Cost section to enter country specifics, e.g. United States, Florida, 32955; Australia, Victoria, 3442.
    This issue occurred with an older version of the U.S.P.S. module; updating to the latest version of this module yielded the same result.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JanusR View Post
    v1.5.7c, USPS United States Postal Service - Version: 2021-05-05 K11a
    Domestic shipping to U.S. works fine, as does international shipping to Canada and U.K., however, Australia and New Zealand does not work.
    To demonstrate the issue, go to henriettashandbags.com, add any product to the shopping cart. From the shopping cart, scroll down to Shipping Cost section to enter country specifics, e.g. United States, Florida, 32955; Australia, Victoria, 3442.
    This issue occurred with an older version of the U.S.P.S. module; updating to the latest version of this module yielded the same result.
    It looks like, for whatever reason, USPS is limiting the shipping methods for shipping to Australia. I'd enabled all the international shipping methods and these are what was returned for a shipment to the AU:

United States Postal Service (Priority Mail Express International™)
    United States Postal Service (Priority Mail Express International™ Flat Rate Envelope)
    United States Postal Service (USPS GXG™ Envelopes)

Plugin Contributions

Google -- Is USPS suspending mail to Australia

Looks like Covid has them holding mail. Some reports since 2 September.

Plugin Contributions

Hello!

One of my customers is attempting to ship an order to New Zealand and is receiving an error. On step one of the checkout it will display the delivery information, but will show "this is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order" but without any shipping method options. When the user clicks on the "continue" button, it will not let then go next to select payment methods. I duplicated the issue by entering a New Zealand address into a logged in customer account.

Upon checking my error logs I receive the following PHP error: "Malformed value for session-based shipping module; customer will need to re-select: false" in my includes order php file. I looked into this issue, and could not find another similar posting.

I am operating on Zencart v1.5.7b and the latest version of the USPS shipping module (2021-05-05 K11a). I am not using zoned shipping and have received orders from outside the UK and Australia recently and from New Zealand in the past. Any help would be appreciated!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Plugin Contributions

My bad. I should have add New Zealand to my previous post. USPS International Service Alerts can be found at https://about.usps.com/newsroom/serv...al/welcome.htm

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! Glad to know it's not a site issue.

Plugin Contributions

1.5.7c, clone-a-template, display logs, SiteMapXML.
    I've just set up Square to take payments and found it does not have a shipping link to USPS (or I cannot find it) where I can ship directly from the payment/Square website (as does PayPal). Most of my shipping is free so I don't need quotes, but I would like to avoid manually typing in customer shipping addresses. I'm currently using "Zone Rates".

Will this USPS Shipping Module (and an activated USPS WebTools account) work behind the customer veil and allow me to ship directly from my site?

TIA
    Last edited by VDecalS; 5 Nov 2021 at 09:15 PM. Reason: zone
    My store - closed 12/05/2023
    1.5.7d (upgraded from 1.5.7b), clone a template (cloned Responsive Classic Template), Sitemap XML v4.0, Square WebPay, PayPal Express Checkout, PHP Version: 7.4.29 (Zend: 3.4.0)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by VDecalS View Post
    1.5.7c, clone-a-template, display logs, SiteMapXML.
    I've just set up Square to take payments and found it does not have a shipping link to USPS (or I cannot find it) where I can ship directly from the payment/Square website (as does PayPal). Most of my shipping is free so I don't need quotes, but I would like to avoid manually typing in customer shipping addresses. I'm currently using "Zone Rates".

Will this USPS Shipping Module (and an activated USPS WebTools account) work behind the customer veil and allow me to ship directly from my site?

TIA
    If I understand your question, you're asking whether the USPS shipping module can create shipping labels for those packages. The answer to that question is "No", it only gathers the quotes from USPS.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by VDecalS View Post
    Most of my shipping is free so I don't need quotes, but I would like to avoid manually typing in customer shipping addresses.
    Try my Copy Shipping Label contribution:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2274
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast