Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Yes, but it should work down to zc154; I just don't have a site to test with. The primary requirement is PHP 5.6 or later.
    My Cart 1 is going to be stuck on 1.5.5f / php 7.1.33, and wont be changing anytime in the foreseeable future considerable legacy code dependencies that is beyond my ability. However. I can help with future validation for that baseline.

Rest of the other carts I operate are at current branch of 1.5.8a / php 8.2.5

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by chibipaw View Post
    I use United Kingdom and Norway as my test addresses. Weight amount varies from 1 to 25 lbs. GXG Envelopes option is off, but GXG (the last one) is on.
    I'm not seeing any GXG type but Envelope rates being returned, either. I've got a zc157 test site with USPS K11e installed and it's not returning anything but GXG Envelopes either.

I'll send a query off to USPS tech-support. Please note that the last time I queried them, it took about a week for them to get back with me.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Yes, but it should work down to zc154; I just don't have a site to test with. The primary requirement is PHP 5.6 or later.
    I just did a demo load of 155 with PHP 5.6 and nothing but the USPS. Shipping estimator did not return any USPS for a .45 pound item.

no log created even when turned on
    Last edited by dbltoe; 16 Jul 2023 at 12:47 AM. Reason: more info

Plugin Contributions

I put it on a ZC1.5.3 (php5.6) and I am getting quotes in the shipping estimator just fine
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    I put it on a ZC1.5.3 (php5.6) and I am getting quotes in the shipping estimator just fine
    That's probably because you were smarter than me and remembered to put the Postal Code of the origin in the Configuration >> Shipping/Packaging.

When I add that to the bare bones 1.5.5, it works as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    That's probably because you were smarter than me and remembered to put the Postal Code of the origin in the Configuration >> Shipping/Packaging.

When I add that to the bare bones 1.5.5, it works as well.
    Yup, no postal code in Shipping/Packaging ... no USPS quotes.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by barco57 View Post
    That's strange. I can't get it running on zc 1.5.4 and php 5.6. I might reupload the files and try again. It will take a week to rebuild the store to the newest version.

Plugin Contributions

Default Adding customization

Our usps.php is highly customized to restrict customers from choosing inappropriate shipping services for certain products (won't fit in padded envelope, for example). Each of the past updates has included an entry point for this custom code, so I was able to just transfer it from whatever current version we were using. But it's no longer there in the newest update, and I have not been able to determine where to insert our code. I finally just had to take the website down so people wouldn't have to choose a higher cost service if the item would ship in the former First Class.

The previous entry point for custom code read "// *** Customizations once per display ***." That no longer appears, and the code is so changed that I can't find the correct point at which to insert our restrictions on which services can be selected for certain products. It used to be after the section that began with

PHP Code:
            if ($this->is_us_shipment) {

$PackageSize count($uspsQuote['Package']);

// if object has no legitimate children, turn it into a firstborn:

if (isset($uspsQuote['Package']['ZipDestination']) && !isset($uspsQuote['Package'][0]['Postage'])) {

$uspsQuote['Package'][] = $uspsQuote['Package'];

$PackageSize 1;
                }
            } else {

$PackageSize count($uspsQuote['Package']['Service']);
            } 
    I see that this section has been greatly expanded now, but I do not see precisely where to add our code. Should it go after
    PHP Code:
                if ($cost == 0) {
                    continue;
                } 
    There is another section of added code later in the program, and I haven't even begun to look for where that needs to go.

Can you help, Cindy?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sadie View Post
    That's strange. I can't get it running on zc 1.5.4 and php 5.6. I might reupload the files and try again. It will take a week to rebuild the store to the newest version.
    Be sure to check out post 285

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding customization

Quote Originally Posted by HeleneWallis View Post
    Our usps.php is highly customized to restrict customers from choosing inappropriate shipping services for certain products (won't fit in padded envelope, for example). Each of the past updates has included an entry point for this custom code, so I was able to just transfer it from whatever current version we were using. But it's no longer there in the newest update, and I have not been able to determine where to insert our code. I finally just had to take the website down so people wouldn't have to choose a higher cost service if the item would ship in the former First Class.

The previous entry point for custom code read "// *** Customizations once per display ***." That no longer appears, and the code is so changed that I can't find the correct point at which to insert our restrictions on which services can be selected for certain products. It used to be after the section that began with

PHP Code:
            if ($this->is_us_shipment) {

$PackageSize count($uspsQuote['Package']);

// if object has no legitimate children, turn it into a firstborn:

if (isset($uspsQuote['Package']['ZipDestination']) && !isset($uspsQuote['Package'][0]['Postage'])) {

$uspsQuote['Package'][] = $uspsQuote['Package'];

$PackageSize 1;
                }
            } else {

$PackageSize count($uspsQuote['Package']['Service']);
            } 
    I see that this section has been greatly expanded now, but I do not see precisely where to add our code. Should it go after
    PHP Code:
                if ($cost == 0) {
                    continue;
                } 
    There is another section of added code later in the program, and I haven't even begun to look for where that needs to go.

Can you help, Cindy?
    Take a look at the /extras/includes/classes/observers/auto.usps_overrides.php. That uses a notification whereby your customization can disallow certain shipping methods under your specific conditions. The extra-added benefit is that, once created, that customization will carry over to subsequent releases of the USPS shipping module.

Page 29 of 38 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast