Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module [Support Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by mikestaps View Post
    Working on a "update" to 1.5.7c from a older version, and I can't get this module working properly.

All files in store are 1.5.7c, and a clean install of the USPS module was done.

Currently I am not getting any XML data returned...

USPS Debug contents:
    Code:
    2021-05-13 11:17:06: USPS build: 2021-05-05 K11a

Server: production
    Quote Request Rate Type: Online
    Quote from main_page: checkout_shipping
    USPS Options (weight, time): --none--
    USPS Domestic Transit Time Calculation Mode: NEW
    Cart Weight: 0.8
    Total Quote Weight: 3.8 Pounds: 3 Ounces: 13
    Maximum: 50 Tare Rates: Small/Medium: 0:3 Large: 10:0
    Handling method: Order Handling fee Domestic: $1.00 Handling fee International: $3.00
    Decimals: 2
    Domestic Length: 8.625 Width: 5.375 Height: 1.625
    International Length: 8.625 Width: 5.375 Height: 1.625
    All Packages are Machinable: False
    Enable USPS First-Class filter for US shipping: True
    Sorts the returned quotes: Price-LowToHigh

ZipOrigination: 48348
    ZipDestination: Postcode: 48353 Country: United States City: Hartland State: Michigan
    Order SubTotal: $25.00
    Order Total: $26.50
    Uninsurable Portion: $0.00
    Insurable Value: $26.50

2021-05-13 11:17:06: Sending request to USPS

2021-05-13 11:17:07: ==================================

SENT TO USPS:

<RateV4Request USERID="XXX"><Revision>2</Revision>
    <Package ID="0"><Service>PRIORITY COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>48348</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>48353</ZipDestination><Pounds>3</Pounds><Ounces>13</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Value>26.50</Value><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable></Package>
    <Package ID="1"><Service>EXPRESS COMMERCIAL</Service><ZipOrigination>48348</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>48353</ZipDestination><Pounds>3</Pounds><Ounces>13</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Value>26.50</Value><Machinable>FALSE</Machinable></Package>
    </RateV4Request>

RESPONSE FROM USPS:

==================================
    CommErr (should be 0): 0 -

USPS Country - $order->delivery[country][iso_code_2]: United States $this->usps_countries: US
    Domestic Services Selected:

2021-05-13 11:17:07: RESPONSE FROM USPS:
    ============

RAW XML FROM USPS:
    This is happening on both the test and production servers.

The store files are in a test folder on the site currently so they are not "public", I am wondering if the directory of the store is making a difference? or if it could be something else?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated
    Thanks to @mikestaps for granting me access to his site. It 'looks like' the culprit is the site's CURL (v7.77.0) version. Updating the following line (in the quoteLogCurlResponse class method):
    Code:
            $message .= 'CommErr (should be 0): ' . $this->commErrNo . ' - ' . $this->commError . ' - ' .  json_encode($this->commInfo) . "\n\n";
    ... indicated that the curl http-code returned was '400' (Bad Request). That's why there's no XML returned for the quotes. Not clear as to what CURL v7.77's issue(s) is/are, but it might be worth asking the webhost to downgrade the CURL version on the site.

Plugin Contributions

I volunteer to help on a zen store and with this USPS plug in update I am not seeing how to do get the ground shipment only setting done. The ‘true’ code appears to be in the languages/english/modules/shipping/usps.php area and not where I set it before in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php code. We want everything to ship ground but not necessarily HAZMAT. How might I do this with this new code? I am using 1.55f and so far not seeing a field setting to ‘1’. And there is no logs for some odd reason although I did set it that way. Store is now getting a warning to refresh page when I go to cart. No USPS estimater. Updating from K10 version 9-6-2017 and worked still.
    Thanks,
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f
    Zen 1.3.9h, Zen 1.27 + (did that, done with that)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Justwade View Post
    I volunteer to help on a zen store and with this USPS plug in update I am not seeing how to do get the ground shipment only setting done. The ‘true’ code appears to be in the languages/english/modules/shipping/usps.php area and not where I set it before in includes/modules/shipping/usps.php code. We want everything to ship ground but not necessarily HAZMAT. How might I do this with this new code? I am using 1.55f and so far not seeing a field setting to ‘1’. And there is no logs for some odd reason although I did set it that way. Store is now getting a warning to refresh page when I go to cart. No USPS estimater. Updating from K10 version 9-6-2017 and worked still.
    Thanks,
    I'm guessing that there's some kind of debug log present in the site's /logs subdirectory. If you post the contents of that myDEBUG*.log file, that should tell the story.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    I'm guessing that there's some kind of debug log present in the site's /logs subdirectory. If you post the contents of that myDEBUG*.log file, that should tell the story.
    Ah, some of it is coming back to my brain, slowly. The log files populate later or overnight in my situation. With that here it is for a test local purchase;

Code:
    2021-07-07 13:57:44: USPS build: 2021-05-05 K11a

Server: production
    Quote Request Rate Type: Online
    Quote from main_page: shopping_cart
    USPS Options (weight, time): --none--
    USPS Domestic Transit Time Calculation Mode: OLD
    Cart Weight: 1.0625
    Total Quote Weight: 1.221875 Pounds: 1 Ounces: 4
    Maximum: 8 Tare Rates: Small/Medium: 15:0 Large: 10:3
    Handling method: Order Handling fee Domestic: $3.95 Handling fee International: $20.00
    Decimals: 2
    Domestic Length: 8.625 Width: 5.375 Height: 1.625
    International Length: 8.625 Width: 5.375 Height: 1.625
    All Packages are Machinable: True
    Enable USPS First-Class filter for US shipping: False
    Sorts the returned quotes: Unsorted

ZipOrigination: 85224
    ZipDestination: Postcode: 85205 Country: United States
    Order SubTotal: $0.00
    Order Total: $55.83
    Uninsurable Portion: $0.00
    Insurable Value: $55.83

2021-07-07 13:57:44: Sending request to USPS

2021-07-07 13:57:44: ==================================

SENT TO USPS:

<RateV4Request USERID="redacted"><Revision>2</Revision>
    <Package ID="0"><Service>PARCEL</Service><ZipOrigination>85224</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>85205</ZipDestination><Pounds>1</Pounds><Ounces>4</Ounces><Container>VARIABLE</Container><Size>REGULAR</Size><Value>55.83</Value><SpecialServices>  <SpecialService>106</SpecialService>
    </SpecialServices><Machinable>TRUE</Machinable></Package>
    </RateV4Request>

RESPONSE FROM USPS: 

CommErr (should be 0): 0 - 

USPS Country - $order->delivery[country][iso_code_2]: United States $this->usps_countries: US
    Domestic Services Selected: 
    USPS TrackingTM

2021-07-07 13:57:44: RESPONSE FROM USPS:
    ============

RAW XML FROM USPS:

SimpleXMLElement Object
    (
        [Package] => SimpleXMLElement Object
            (
                [@attributes] => Array
                    (
                        [ID] => 0
                    )

[Error] => SimpleXMLElement Object
                    (
                        [Number] => -2147219385
                        [Source] => DomPostageLibrary;RateV4.ProcessRequest
                        [Description] => The requested Mail Service is only available when Ground Transportation is required, when the Zone is 5-9, or the mail piece is Oversized.
                        [HelpFile] => SimpleXMLElement Object
                            (
                            )

[HelpContext] => SimpleXMLElement Object
                            (
                            )

)

)

)
    Thanks,
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f

Plugin Contributions

What we are trying to do is force ground shipment in all zones 1 - 9. This is the only way we ship anyway forcing such with the php as we did in the K10 version as advised by Ajeh. That code change made all shipment only ground but that was more than okay for us. It worked perfectly but I am not grasping how to do the same in this K11 version. I have researched the Admin and the forum but not found an answer so far. The new setting options appear to be there and may be obvious to others but not so much myself.
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f

Plugin Contributions

What we are trying to do is force ground shipment in all zones 1 - 9. This is the only way we ship anyway forcing such with the php as we did in the K10 version as advised by Ajeh. That code change made all shipment only ground but that was more than okay for us. It worked perfectly but I am not grasping how to do the same in this K11 version. I have researched the Admin and the forum but not found an answer so far. The new setting options appear to be there and may be obvious to others but not so much myself.
    Could you point me to Ajeh's posting for the changes required for the previous versions of USPS?

Plugin Contributions

I forget how to make a direct link but here is a quote with date stamp. The only change we made in /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php is change 'false" to 'true' as she described below. Worked perfect then and the later versions as I recall. But no other shipping is available which is okay.

12 Oct 2014, 04:43 AM #40

Re: USPS RateV4 Intl RateV2 - January 26, 2014 Issue
    To force Standard Post on all USPS shipping where no other shipping method will be available for Domestic shipping, you need to edit the USPS shipping module:
    /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php

and change the code in RED around line 806 to true:
    // force GroundOnly results in Stand Post only being offered
    // to use, you must have a field for products_groundonly in the products table
    // then uncomment the in_cart_check for the products_groundonly
    // when $usps_groundonly is set to true, only Stand Post will show
    $usps_groundonly = 'true';
    // $usps_groundonly = ($_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('products_groundonly','1') ? 'true' : 'false');

Now, regardless of what shipping methods you have checked, be sure Standard Post is checked, only Standard Post will work for all USPS shipping and no other shipping method will work ...

Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f

Plugin Contributions

Checkout line 51 of includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/usps.php and line 1154 (maybe the setting at line 58) of includes/modules/shipping/uspsphp.

Perhaps that will get you in the right direction. Although, you might want to watch out for the HAZMAT indication.

Plugin Contributions

I forget how to make a direct link but here is a quote with date stamp. The only change we made in /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php is change 'false" to 'true' as she described below. Worked perfect then and the later versions as I recall. But no other shipping is available which is okay.
    I've opened a GitHub issue (https://github.com/lat9/usps/issues/17) to track these changes in a subsequent USPS shipping-module release.

The change will be twofold.

First, edit /includes/modules/shipping/usps.php, making the highlighted changes:
    Code:
        protected function _getQuote() 
        {
            global $order, $shipping_weight, $currencies;

$package_id = 'USPS DOMESTIC RETURNED: ' . "\n";

// -----
            // Force GroundOnly results in USPS Retail Ground only being offered.  See the shipping-module's
            // language file for additional information.
            //
            $usps_groundonly = '';
            if (MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_GROUNDONLY == 'force' || (MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_GROUNDONLY == 'true' && $_SESSION['cart']->in_cart_check('products_groundonly', '1'))) {
                $usps_groundonly = '<Content><ContentType>HAZMAT</ContentType></Content><GroundOnly>true</GroundOnly>';
            }
    and then create/edit a template-override of the shipping-module's language file, e.g. /includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/YOUR_TEMPLATE/usps.php, changing that 'soft' configuration value to 'force':
    Code:
    // -----
    // Identifies whether/not a check for the database field 'products::products_groundonly' should be made.  If any products
    // in the cart have that field set to '1', then the shipping request will indicate 'HAZMAT' contents and the
    // shipping type will be forced to USPS Ground.  Valid values are 'true', 'false' (the default) or 'force' to force the USPS Ground shipping.
    //
    // NOTE: Setting this value to 'true' if that field doesn't exist in your database will result in a fatal MySQL error
    // when the quote-request is made.
    //
    if (!defined('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_GROUNDONLY')) define('MODULE_SHIPPING_USPS_GROUNDONLY', 'force');

Plugin Contributions

I edited the 2 files as you suggested, did a test purchase and the Ground Shipping now works perfect, Thank You Very Much!

We really do appreciate all the support.
    I also put some coffee money up.

Thanks again!
    Justwade
    Zen 1.5.5f

Page 11 of 38 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast