Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module [Support Thread]

I'm not seeing this on K11e and I'll note that line 555 in that version is not where you posted.

I disabled most of the international-type methods, added an item to the cart, went to the shopping-cart page and requested a quote to send the order to Australia. No matching quotes were found and no logs were generated.

Plugin Contributions

Hi @lat9, thanks for your reply. This issue seems intermittent and I'm not sure how it was triggered. In the past, I changed my code according to my previous post and this issue seems gone. We have some modifications on the USPS.php file so the line 555 is different than the stock file. Maybe this issue only exists on my site then.

Thanks for your help again.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by njcyx View Post
    Hi @lat9, thanks for your reply. This issue seems intermittent and I'm not sure how it was triggered. In the past, I changed my code according to my previous post and this issue seems gone. We have some modifications on the USPS.php file so the line 555 is different than the stock file. Maybe this issue only exists on my site then.

What international methods are enabled?

Plugin Contributions

Hi @lat9, FedEx and USPS are enabled for intl shipping on my site.

I found out the Australian shipping address from the log file. I tried it and my site could display proper shipping rate from USPS and FedEx now. Maybe USPS has an API outage at that moment.

Plugin Contributions

i would suggest that rather than modifying said file, i would use the observer-notifier system inherent in this shipping module. if you do not know to use/set that up, i would suggest a review here:

https://docs.zen-cart.com/dev/code/notifiers/

furthermore, if there is not a notifier than accomplishes what you want, than i would suggest raising an issue about that so that we may add a notifier where you might need it.

i bring this up as i have a vague recollection of this problem and that a solution was already implemented. which your new code may obliterate.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Hi @calwhat, thanks for your suggestion. I will say this "Observer/Notifier System" is beyond my ability. I even have hard time to read through this guide. It looks like I need to create a new function for my requested feature. I don't have coding background and I only took several related courses in my college. I can take some trial and error to modify the current code, sometimes I need a little bit luck or imagination, so the code can work as I want like a miracle. But I have difficulty to write a complete new section of function, without any examples, nor interact with other parameters in the different PHP files. For my point of view, editing the current file is way easier than creating a new function.

I hope some coding examples to use this observer function can be provided for references...

Plugin Contributions

Hi @calwhat, thanks for your suggestion. I will say this "Observer/Notifier System" is beyond my ability. I even have hard time to read through this guide. It looks like I need to create a new function for my requested feature. I don't have coding background and I only took several related courses in my college. I can take some trial and error to modify the current code, sometimes I need a little bit luck or imagination, so the code can work as I want like a miracle. But I have difficulty to write a complete new section of function, without any examples, nor interact with other parameters in the different PHP files. For my point of view, editing the current file is way easier than creating a new function.

I hope some coding examples to use this observer function can be provided for references...
    why don't you provide your coding changes to this file and perhaps someone can help you to move it to a notifier so that the file can remain unchanged.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Plugin Contributions

Looks like the servers are down.

https://downdetector.com/status/usps/

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    looks like the servers are down.

https://downdetector.com/status/usps/
    free shipping today!

Plugin Contributions

Finally got through to USPS. They acknowledge problems since around 1300 CDT and have no estimate as to when the service will be back on line.

Page 17 of 38 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast