Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Shipping Module [Support Thread]

That's something to do with your site's server settings, as the request to USPS has (as the debug indicates) timed out.

What version of PHP is in use?

When you view the Admin Tools->Server/Version Information, what values are shown for the site's CURL settings?

Plugin Contributions

I'm trying to upgrade my usps shipping module...I am not good at this. I followed the instructions..downloaded, unzipped. It said to upload the two files...I found the usps.php in shipping and languages...deeper..but you know that. Now I have no usps shipping module available in my admin page. Sigh.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by GoodLifeToGo View Post
    I'm trying to upgrade my usps shipping module...I am not good at this. I followed the instructions..downloaded, unzipped. It said to upload the two files...I found the usps.php in shipping and languages...deeper..but you know that. Now I have no usps shipping module available in my admin page. Sigh.
    Chances are that an error is occurring where it "draws" the usps module details to the screen, and that error is also preventing the right-column and the page-footer from showing too. Is that what you're seeing? If so then the error should be documented in your /logs/ directory as a myDebug-adm-xxxxxxxx.log file every time you try to go to that page. What's in that error log file?

And, double-checking ... while the files have the same name, their contents are different, so ... you uploaded each to their corresponding correct directories, overwriting the prior usps.php files, right?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    That's something to do with your site's server settings, as the request to USPS has (as the debug indicates) timed out.

What version of PHP is in use?

When you view the Admin Tools->Server/Version Information, what values are shown for the site's CURL settings?
    cURL support enabled
    cURL Information 7.19.7
    Age 3
    Features
    AsynchDNS No
    CharConv No
    Debug No
    GSS-Negotiate Yes
    IDN Yes
    IPv6 Yes
    krb4 No
    Largefile Yes
    libz Yes
    NTLM Yes
    SPNEGO No
    SSL Yes
    SSPI No
    Protocols tftp, ftp, telnet, dict, ldap, ldaps, http, file, https, ftps, scp, sftp
    Host x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu
    SSL Version NSS/3.44
    ZLib Version 1.2.3
    libSSH Version libssh2/1.4.2

Plugin Contributions

The current USPS - United States Postal Service module for Zen Cart plugin worked when i was running 1.5.7 Now I am on 1.5.7b and USPS is never an shipping option during the checkout process. No errors are displayed and no error logs created. The only customization is SBA.

Plugin Contributions

What happens if you enable the USPS debug logging? That will let you (and me) know whether the shipping-method is actually requesting quotes from USPS.

There will be USPS_*.log files generated in your site's /logs sub-directory that contain the request/response information.

Plugin Contributions

I should have tried the USPS Debug Log first. It gave me clues with what the problem could be and after trying a couple changes in the shipping module set up I got it working. Thanks for your reply.

Plugin Contributions

Here's where you help others by letting them know what cured the problem. Nothing worse than finding a thread, following it for a few pages and finding "I fixed it."

Plugin Contributions

I've recently upgraded to v1.5.7, and thought all was working well. Then I noticed I wasn't receiving any international orders. Maybe because of the pandemic I thought? But no, I created a new user with a known good address in Canada. Tried to place an order, and on the shipping page it says: Shipping Method:
    This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order - and it's blank. Nothing to select. I change to a US address, and it works fine. I then upgraded the USPS shipping module, and still the same. I'm only offering flat rate, based on a quantity, since I only sell 1 thing. On domestic I have selected Priority Sm. F/R Box, Priority Md. F/R Box, Priority Lg. F/R Box. For international, I have selected Priority Intl Sm. F/R Box, Priority Intl Md. F/R Box, Priority Intl Lg. F/R Box. All was working prior to upgrading to v1.5.7, and it seems as though domestic is working as it is. Anything in particular I should look at to try to fix this? I have now turned on debug, and see international customers trying to place orders, but are not able to complete them.

Thanks,
    Scott

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by fordlove View Post
    I've recently upgraded to v1.5.7, and thought all was working well. Then I noticed I wasn't receiving any international orders. Maybe because of the pandemic I thought? But no, I created a new user with a known good address in Canada. Tried to place an order, and on the shipping page it says: Shipping Method:
    This is currently the only shipping method available to use on this order - and it's blank. Nothing to select. I change to a US address, and it works fine. I then upgraded the USPS shipping module, and still the same. I'm only offering flat rate, based on a quantity, since I only sell 1 thing. On domestic I have selected Priority Sm. F/R Box, Priority Md. F/R Box, Priority Lg. F/R Box. For international, I have selected Priority Intl Sm. F/R Box, Priority Intl Md. F/R Box, Priority Intl Lg. F/R Box. All was working prior to upgrading to v1.5.7, and it seems as though domestic is working as it is. Anything in particular I should look at to try to fix this? I have now turned on debug, and see international customers trying to place orders, but are not able to complete them.

Thanks,
    Scott
    I'm sorry you're having issues with the USPS shipping module. You indicated that you enabled the USPS debug, would you post the contents of one where the international orders have failed? If you do, you could post those contents within the "CODE" tags (the big # in the menu-bar when you're writing your response)?

BTW, which version of 1.5.7 is installed? 1.5.7 (no suffix), 1.5.7a or 1.5.7b?

Page 2 of 38 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast